• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Webdesigner OTList.net - Web Developer Needed!

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
OTList - An Open Source List
Web Developer Needed!

http://otlist.net/ <-- view what we have so far.

We are currently in need of a tibia friendly web developer who would be interested in helping me build an idea into reality. We are already nearing launch, with our forum usable - layout set up and ready for colors I am hoping we can finish this up soon. With that said let me give a little information.

I am starting a Server List with a multigame format. Ex: Tibia, Minecraft (Scripts already made), World of Warcraft (Soon to come). Allowing a one stop spot to find all the servers you want to play, and adapting to the community that enters. Also utilizing the forum to supply resources for the games and reward the users for their activity.

History of OTList - Currently we have had 2 developers from OTLand work on the list with Peroxide and Myself. It all started 3-4 months ago when we asked Sn3ke to create the server fetching script that is the base of the server list. After we had the script, we hired Averatec to organize and design the otlist further. We now have everything organized and nearly ready to be set up. We just need a talented web developer to link the scripts back up to fetch the server data again so it displays correctly, since Averatec left mid-process to deal with RL problems.

Team/Staff List
-
Extrodus (Founder/Designer/Side-Scripter) - Active
-
Peroxide (Co-Founder/Designer/Ideas) - Active
-
sn3ejk (Web Developer) - Retired
-
averatec (Web Developer) - Retired

Current Objective
- Re-write how the tibia list updates to remove lag when updating the information.
(This is the only thing we need before we can be online for beta testing.)​

Objectives
-Add/Edit Server through user panel (only if online) - Scripts made, just need to be set up properly
-Shows server data and functions properly - Scripts made, just need to be set up properly
-Only show online servers on the list - Scripts made, just need to be set up properly
-Include a center panel for the main page of the website to display blog updates, featured servers, websites updates, social networks, etc - Already designed, just needs to be scripted in.
-Basic Admin Panel that is secure for dealing with spoofed servers (ban option needed) - Implemented, more features could be added.
-Create the option for admins to select and highlight servers or even as a donation option as well - Implemented, no donation option yet.
-Points System for using our website/donating/sharing/etc - No points system yet for activity, needs to be created - although our forum is set up and ready for the activity system to be made.​

This is all we need to get started, our list is nearly complete!
We just need one web developer that knows what he's doing to help get this off the ground and into true production.

I should make it clear that if you do join as a main developer behind this project, you will be entitled to a portion of any income there is from this - as well, it will be in my best efforts that you be paid for any extensive scripts or long hours put into the project.

Regards,
Extrodus​

Last edited:
To the top! Where are the web developers?

I was taking a look over the scripts and the only thing that needs to be set up is the cache system for the tibia list. In other words, everything is written for it to grab information - we just need to write a code to fetch the data in the most resourceful way possible to have minimal lag on the website.

To check what we have set up so far @ www.otlist.net/otlist/ - What you will find is the Tibia list is frozen from updating data until we rewrite the data fetching script. Since the prior script caused lag every 3 minutes when it updated the information due to grabbing the information all at once instead of in chunks.

I should make it clear that if you do join as a main developer behind this project, you will be entitled to a portion of any income there is from this - as well, it will be in my best efforts that you be paid for any extensive scripts or long hours put into the project. Your work will also not be going to waste, I plan on some serious paid/well-organized advertising once things are fully ready.

Thank you for your time,
Extrodus

Last edited:
To the top again, kind of surprised a scripter hasn't stepped up for this job. It's fairly easy to those with knowledge and this is definitely worth your time.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's pretty close to what this website could become although I notice the website you are showing me is an abandoned website. Still looking!

Last edited:
Its an Open Source list lol, it will have domains to point to specific parts of the website.

Messaging you now!

Update: OTList now updates through CRON for no lag when using the website.. we may be launching this soon to get a live test for it.

Averatec is back working on the list with myself and peroxide. He sent me the files so far so I can display it to Pero~ when he logs on. But all of you can see it too @ www.otlist.net (Cronjob not added, so there is no update function for the list right now since we are completely rebuilding the list, and there is no reason to have functionality right now) - Forums are being set up next. Once everything is set up, the unique activity system will be added in. No information will be given about this other than: Our OTList will allow you to use activity to reflect on how you can advertise. For the people that are on all day advertising, if you use the site frequently enough you will definitely recognize it; enough said.

A little more information on what's going on now though, we have our ban system laid out. The system will be flagging servers that show spoof related details, requiring admins to double check and take action. Also we have a button now allowing users to send report servers to notify us manually rather then by our system. We also implemented the claim server feature, by setting a motd to match on the site you will be able to delete your server from the list. With that being said, we will be fetching servers from otservlist; and monitoring how many servers have been claimed since there will be server rewards on the site for active users so we will be keeping an eye on who claims the servers and starts using our website.

But, more updates to come soon! Stay tuned.

Server list may be going live within the next week! Stay tuned to otlist.net

Back