• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paperdoll

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have been thinking about adding a paperdoll system to the project I've been working on. The only way (with my current skillset) that I can think of to do it is to have a looktype for each equippable piece of equipment(eww).

One problem that I forsee happening is with the sheer amount of looktypes. Is there a hard coded max, or somewhere that I would quickly start running into problems?

There has to be a better, more efficient way to do this without blowing up my Sprite file size. Has anyone attempted this?

Do you guys have any suggestions on a better way to go about it?

Yes, I do use otclient. But I'm not sure if there is a better approach than to have a thousand looktypes.

In that case, yes. There are other ways, i cant really saw how, but i've seen here on this forum some pots about paperdolls.
Anyway, with Otclient you can do anything so far, even so, you will need an image for every item and for every side (N,W,S,E).
Sorry that i cant help no more.

Thank you for your input. :)

Is anyone willing to point me in the right direction as to how to superimpose a piece of equipment onto a character Sprite, code wise?

Thank you for your input. :)

Is anyone willing to point me in the right direction as to how to superimpose a piece of equipment onto a character Sprite, code wise?

Where I would begin with that is probably studying how addons work.
Addons are exactly what you need = little pieces covering a base outfit.

If you were to have a "head piece", "torso piece", "legs piece", "foot piece" as an addon, and applied all 4 to base naked outfit = your guy now looks like he's wearing that equipment.

But yes, first you need to add the possibility of having 2 more addons to the game, then you need to make it so that individual addons are not tied down to a single looktype, but you can invoke their use upon any looktype.

But yes, first you need to add the possibility of having 2 more addons to the game, then you need to make it so that individual addons are not tied down to a single looktype, but you can invoke their use upon any looktype.
That is not neccessary. You can just send equipped item ids to client and draw an additional looktype on player's sprite, depending on what player is wearing and what outfit he has.

That is not neccessary. You can just send equipped item ids to client and draw an additional looktype on player's sprite, depending on what player is wearing and what outfit he has.

That's even better then :D

Where I would begin with that is probably studying how addons work.
Addons are exactly what you need = little pieces covering a base outfit.

If you were to have a "head piece", "torso piece", "legs piece", "foot piece" as an addon, and applied all 4 to base naked outfit = your guy now looks like he's wearing that equipment.

This is the route I have been looking into! Thanks for your input.

Interesting! I'm not quite sure how to approach this, but I will look into it. It sounds much easier.

Back
Top Bottom