• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Pixel Artist] non-OT related. Dungeon Crawl Esq Game

Reaction score
I'm working on a small 2d (Tibian perspective) dungeon crawling type game. It's a prelude for a future rpg I have planned, I wanted to write a small game to get accustomed to things before I begin a large project. It's being written in SFML C++ but I'm thinking about switching to the Python binding, I'm not entirely sure yet. This game has nothing to do with Tibia.

I need pixel artist(s) to do environment(walls, tables, etc) and characters (frames for animation). Item sprites aren't needed. The playthrough of the game I plan to take 3~ hours. At maximum I plan for a two month development period. I can't offer you any money because I will release the game for free. I would love to develop a relationship with a aspiring pixel artist so we can do some work together in the future.

The game has a high-fantasy setting (prelude to a future rpg) and a strategy/puzzle element to it. You start in the dungeon of a castle and must work your way through the castle to assassinate the king. If you want to know more about the actual gameplay and are interested in doing work send me a PM.

the Moon Rising
The assassination of the High King Sevorate
“The path you walk shall be laid before you upon the ashes of empires, the darkness is rising and the world has forgotten the demons that lay so close to them. The time has come where the world will be cast into the chaos of war. Few strong are left, you must live to fight, you must see it through no matter the cost. You may despise your race for what is has become but do not let it cloud you my son, the source must not be tainted, this you know. Heorva’rite da nor - May your blade rejoice. “

These were your masters last words to you, leaving you the last and acting leader of the Clan of the Moon. He sacrificed himself to protect you from two hunters of the High King Sevorate, Betrayers, those who are attuned with the source but have betrayed the path. He met them in battle binding you to the duty of the clan to run and not join him, “your path will not end here, you will surpass my strength a hundred fold, therefore you must live.” Sevorates father outlawed the practice of the source unless bound to the King, his son followed his path blindly hunting and slaying those who could fight when the time came and make a difference, those who would not be like sheep to a slaughter against the demon armies. He must die, your master had been planning the assassination, you must carry it out. To save those left, to quell the rage inside.

Last edited:
~
Almost done with the map editor, will start working on the "engine" tomorrow or the next day. Still looking for a pixel artist. Would be a good way to show work off outside of this community.

Back