• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pixel Items by Savlix

I would work more on the shading and the texture to increase quality, but well done for the first time you actually made a perfect outline for your first models!

Good start! Especially like the bow, reminds me of a Maplestory bow hehe

• Try to use different shades of a color, but stick with 2-3 shades, this adds more dimension. For example with your shield, if you changed some pixels into a darker or lighter red, it would look much different already, but do have "perspective" in mind, ask yourself the question from what direction does the sun shine on the item, and use this rule on all your sprites for the same game.
  • Any sprite should contain a maximum of color in general, stick with a maximum of 3 different colors, except for festive items, you could play around and go crazy.
  • Outlining major features of an item is also important, you are already doing it, but keep it in mind, for example on a piece of armor, if it has a leather strap on it's waist, make sure you outline those features so that it is visible, especially on 32x32 it can be quite difficult.
  • Learn yourself the basic contrasts of colors, this will help you a lot in the future!
  • Eventually you need to think in perspective and able to draw in perspective, it's actually better to try and learn that with pencil and paper, once you learn to draw anything in different dimensions, you can create any kind of sprite.

Have fun creating! I would love to see an outfit, character or monster, those are the most challenging but also the ones you learn the most from :)

Do note that if you find anything online that you wish to recreate, you can add that picture to another layer, lower the opacity, and kind of draw over it and edit it your own way, sometimes you see a sprite that just has the perfect form for example a shield, either you fumble around to make it picture perfect or you just draw over it in Photoshop for example, do note you use the correct color and transparancy settings if you use Photoshop to create sprites, not all opacity values are valid to use and may just show bloated pixels on your sprite when importing the sprite in Object Builder, which you wouldn't see in Photoshop.. I believe you can use GIMP or Asperite as an alternative which are programs specifically made for pixelarts.

Last edited:
Thanks for all good words! It's really pushing me to keep doing it :D

Good start! Especially like the bow, reminds me of a Maplestory bow hehe

• Try to use different shades of a color, but stick with 2-3 shades, this adds more dimension. For example with your shield, if you changed some pixels into a darker or lighter red, it would look much different already, but do have "perspective" in mind, ask yourself the question from what direction does the sun shine on the item, and use this rule on all your sprites for the same game.
  • Any sprite should contain a maximum of color in general, stick with a maximum of 3 different colors, except for festive items, you could play around and go crazy.
  • Outlining major features of an item is also important, you are already doing it, but keep it in mind, for example on a piece of armor, if it has a leather strap on it's waste, make sure you outline those features so that it is visible, especially on 32x32 it can be quite difficult.
  • Learn yourself the basic contrasts of colors, this will help you a lot in the future!
  • Eventually you need to think in perspective and able to draw in perspective, it's actually better to try and learn that with pencil and paper, once you learn to draw anything in different dimensions, you can create any kind of sprite.

Have fun creating! I would love to see an outfit, character or monster, those are the most challenging but also the ones you learn the most from :)

Do note that if you find anything online that you wish to recreate, you can add that picture to another layer, lower the opacity, and kind of draw over it and edit it your own way, sometimes you see a sprite that just has the perfect form for example a shield, either you fumble around to make it picture perfect or you just draw over it in Photoshop for example, do note you use the correct color and transparancy settings if you use Photoshop to create sprites, not all opacity values are valid to use and may just show bloated pixels on your sprite when importing the sprite in Object Builder, which you wouldn't see in Photoshop.. I believe you can use GIMP or Asperite as an alternative which are programs specifically made for pixelarts.

After you message I checked again and it looks similar to Maple Story Bow hah (tbh I played a Maple Story and sometimes I download and played a little).

2-3 shades is a standard or something in Tibia Items?
How I need to work with Tibia Items? Make a Pixel art in bigger size like 64x64 or 128x128 and after that just use resizer?

I made these in 32x32:
Bull Helmet.gif Bull Helmet

Fire&Ice Wand.gif Fire&Ice Wand

Jungle Wand.png Jungle Wand

These I made in 64x64 and use resizer:
Old Robe.png Old Robe (Inspiration was Blue Robe)

Demonic Axe.png Demonic Axe (Inspiration was Stonecutter Axe)

Back