• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Please, don't come to Brazil World Cup 2014

please marry me Carla <3

@video
ye ye don't come here, this is the ********** (insert **** word) country :D

with those riots it's uncertain S:

The World Cup has been cancelled before, but that was only during World War II.
If this keeps up, I don't see the World Cup happening at all.

To be honest, it's too late for these riots and protests. If it gets cancelled, everything they worked, paid for has gone to waste.
If they had protested before the construction and whatnot, it'd be fine. I guess all they have left is to let the World Cup happen, take the money in and deal with it after.

Nevertheless, I honestly don't care about the World Cup, it's not like the USMNT is going to win anyways.
Although, I do care about the government abuses and that stuff. It is definitely wrong what they're doing.

It's _NOT_ government or polices fault. I'm glad Brazil were up to organize World Cup 2014. Thank you Brazil, I'll enjoy it but on my TV

Foreign/International investors pay for what they want, and they want to see an amazing world cup, and later on, an amazing Olympic tournament.

They aren't going to fund private hospitals in Brazil, as this is completely irrelevant to a foreigner, and what they will be going to Brazil to see.

The amount of money being funneled into Brazil from these two events is going to be MASSIVE, and is going to far exceed if these events were to not occur.

I can't even believe this woman would complain about police arresting gangs for this event. Thats a good thing. Just because the gang members will get out of jail after while (which also happens in EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD), because they will be viewed as having 'served their time', isn't necessarily a bad thing either. People do deserve a second chance (based off of their crime committed), and to blanket all these people into one group is extremely inhumane.

I don't know what she wants the police to do to the gang members, maybe they should all be lined up in front of a firing squad and killed, regardless of what degree of crime an individual commited.. I guess the problem would be solved then, but it's kinda inhumane.

People being relocated during massive construction projects is a common thing that has happened in EVERY single country in the world. She is also lying through her teeth saying there is -nothing- is being done when they are kicked out of their homes, they (the home owners) are given the value of their house (money) when kicked out and relocated.

I just get really fed up when I see someone being completely biased in their own point of view, no regard or thought made towards the positives these events will have on Brazil.

On her logic, I guess citizens of the USA should stop going to NFL events, and the super bowl, until everyone in america is above the poverty line. :rolleyes:

Also, I'm also going to the world cup in Brazil, and the Olympics in 2016.. this video did nothing to derail that, just shows me how illogical people can be, and how annoying some people can be when given a free medium to voice their opinion.

I must agree with this guy above, I think the situation is not that bad and people just grabbing from whatever they can (the protest was about the bus fares wasnt it?).The WC will also bring a lot of money to invest in the future and Brazil is not doing that bad financially speaking..

It is a long way to the world cup (almost 1 year), I think this wont affect it at all, I hope I'm not wrong.

I must agree with this guy above, I think the situation is not that bad and people just grabbing from whatever they can (the protest was about the bus fares wasnt it?).The WC will also bring a lot of money to invest in the future and Brazil is not doing that bad financially speaking..
r
It is a long way to the world cup (almost 1 year), I think this wont affect it at all, I hope I'm not wrong.

Yeah the riots started due to an increase of bus fare, 10 cent increase.. but considering the poverty level of some, this additional increase is damaging.. but besides that point, it's more of a group mentality to stop the government, and businesses to stop nickle and dimeing people to death. The line has to be drawn somewhere

Unfortunately, you guys don't know the facts.
It is true, it started because of the bus fare (20 cents), but that's not the question. People are really MAD at the government because MOST of the money from our taxes, goes to THEM, the politicians! Our education is poor, hospitals are terrible, transportation, basically everything. The only people with no problems at all, are the rich, which is less than 20% of Brazil's population being the most of these, politicians.

You have to understand that the average wage in Brazil, for the poor, is around 600 reais (1 USD = 2.24 BRL right now), exactly, LESS THAN 300 DOLLARS PER MONTH!
But there are people with salaries that vary from 1000 to 2500 reais, but almost everything is more expensive here than in the rest of the world. (Just an example XBOX One is 499 USD, will cost 2199 BRL, twice the price). While the people have low salaries, politicians receive over 10,000 per month, plus hundreds of bonuses, they don't spend their own money for anything, not even to travel for vacation.

We are not angry because of the WC itself, but because of the corruption that exists here, it's nice to have great stadiums, but we are not sure of how much they are really using to build them and how much they are stealing (a common thing around here). What the international media shows, is not the reality of Brazil, only who live here know how bad our situation is.

The 20 cents increase in the bus fare was just the last straw.

We pay the highest taxes in the world and receive one of the worst public services in the world. If you want quality education and health in Brazil, you need to pay for private services. In other words, you pay twice.

Anyone heard of "Bolsa Copa"?
Is this true or not?

If it is, the people will get REALLY mad about it.

Unfortunately, you guys don't know the facts.
It is true, it started because of the bus fare (20 cents), but that's not the question. People are really MAD at the government because MOST of the money from our taxes, goes to THEM, the politicians! Our education is poor, hospitals are terrible, transportation, basically everything. The only people with no problems at all, are the rich, which is less than 20% of Brazil's population being the most of these, politicians.

You have to understand that the average wage in Brazil, for the poor, is around 600 reais (1 USD = 2.24 BRL right now), exactly, LESS THAN 300 DOLLARS PER MONTH!
But there are people with salaries that vary from 1000 to 2500 reais, but almost everything is more expensive here than in the rest of the world. (Just an example XBOX One is 499 USD, will cost 2199 BRL, twice the price). While the people have low salaries, politicians receive over 10,000 per month, plus hundreds of bonuses, they don't spend their own money for anything, not even to travel for vacation.

We are not angry because of the WC itself, but because of the corruption that exists here, it's nice to have great stadiums, but we are not sure of how much they are really using to build them and how much they are stealing (a common thing around here). What the international media shows, is not the reality of Brazil, only who live here know how bad our situation is.

TBH I do know what it is like, I live in Argentina.. Corruption has always existed, that's a fact. Now I don't say it is wrong to protest, but I think Brazil is overreacting a little bit.. You've had some good last years, your production has increased and as a matter of fact you are financially OK! 1 USD = 2.2 R, thats a low inflation rate! I'm not saying your education and health are bad (I bet they're worse around here), but I don't think you should blame your current/last government for all of it, and the WC and Olympics are GREAT, it is a large investment but a better income, the money has already been wasted..

The 20 cents increase in the bus fare was just the last straw.

We pay the highest taxes in the world and receive one of the worst public services in the world. If you want quality education and health in Brazil, you need to pay for private services. In other words, you pay twice.

You are nowhere near paying the highest taxes in the world! Check it out yourself. That's one disadvantage of 3rd world countries unfortunately, and something that will hopefully change in Latinamerica.

You've had some good last years, your production has increased and as a matter of fact you are financially OK! 1 USD = 2.2 R, thats a low inflation rate!
As a matter of fact, Brazil's economy is growing because of other countries. We are borrowing money so we can grow.
Brazil is growing 2% per year, but our debts grow 4%. The public titles (national treasury, etc) are due in 2 years, wait for the worst, because there is no money to pay who bought them. The inflation will get worse, the current government is just hiding the facts until the next election (next year).

Well Brazil deserv to be on world cup 2014 it will be more exciting. Good luck Brazil and other countrys

Back