• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Poll: Microsoft XP or Microsoft Vista?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
I would have to agree with xaroth. I been using windows vista 64 bit version for nearly an year now. On my quadcore gateway Fx system. Here is the stats of everyday usage. Sorry for the Vista basic theme going on every time i play Dnd beta on dx 10 support it goes into it. Also notice i have McAfee anti virus running an virus check to!
Performance.jpg

Xaroth is correct tho about speed an such all depends on hardware. Windows xp wells great with an 128mbs of ram i can still go to you tube and watch video's not in hd of course but it gets every day jobs done. Heck i can run windows xp on a 200mhz processor and it still runs fine. Its all depends on what you do with your system and how much resources you will be taking up that which will start bottle necking your system down in performance. If your worried about performance issues and such go with linux :p Linux mint is my choice now for starters. Xaroth is also right about speed of the os on a new system. If you pay more for an nice system you will have much nice results with windows vista. So in my case newer systems will run windows vista very nicely compared to xp. Anyhow i just cant wait for Windows 7 Only taking up 315mbs just after installation on 4gigs is Nice :D

So back on topic My vote will go to Windows Vista! all depends on your system tho.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with xaroth. I been using windows vista 64 bit version for nearly an year now. On my quadcore gateway Fx system. Here is the stats of everyday usage. Sorry for the Vista basic theme going on every time i play Dnd beta on dx 10 support it goes into it. Also notice i have McAfee anti virus running an virus check to!
Performance.jpg

Xaroth is correct tho about speed an such all depends on hardware. Windows xp wells great with an 128mbs of ram i can still go to you tube and watch video's not in hd of course but it gets every day jobs done. Heck i can run windows xp on a 200mhz processor and it still runs fine. Its all depends on what you do with your system and how much resources you will be taking up that which will start bottle necking your system down in performance. If your worried about performance issues and such go with linux :p Linux mint is my choice now for starters. Xaroth is also right about speed of the os on a new system. If you pay more for an nice system you will have much nice results with windows vista. So in my case newer systems will run windows vista very nicely compared to xp. Anyhow i just cant wait for Windows 7 Only taking up 315mbs just after installation on 4gigs is Nice :D

So back on topic My vote will go to Windows Vista! all depends on your system tho.

Thanks mate =D
some people in OTLand do know something about computers =D

Sincerely!

So you mean you can't do all that in XP?

XP and 7 ftw :)

Vista sux... Just take a lot of RAM / CPU..
and Xaroth stfu about you "knowing" about computers.. I work with computers every day and always someone that complains about Vista..
When you work at a computer support company your daily works are, downgrading 5-20 Vista computers too XP

It's the biggest mistake in Computer history. i would rather use windows 95 then vista

Xp can do all that as well by all means maybe even faster sometimes. It has its limits tho. I'm just basing the facts of Windows vista machines that come pre installed on Name brand systems. I know i would not want to re install windows xp on a system that is built for vista. Even if Windows xp gives me the extra ram. The limits tho is what will hurt users in downgrade's. For hard core gamers like myself i would want vista for its Dx 10 support! Sure there are ways to get full dx 10 on xp with hacks and such but that sucks. On my system there is no drivers for windows xp for its physics card.

So to make words shorter. If you purchase an windows vista machine from say Hp just use vista that came with it. You will gain a lot more out of it down the road. I agree tho of having more than 2gigs in your system to work with.

When you work at a computer support company your daily works are, downgrading 5-20 Vista computers too XP

It's the biggest mistake in Computer history. i would rather use windows 95 then vista

AHAHAHA I completely agree with you about that LOL

Now lets stop the flaming. But its not like I'm forcing all of you to stop flaming. Its just a suggestion. ;p

Didn't you read my post or are you drunk?

I perfer to pay more in my Computer stats to have a faster os, Then being cheep and it's slow...

if you read again, you'll see "if a computer had unlimited status, Vista whould OWN xp in speed"

About installation, it take me 3 seconds to install a Tibia client, 9-10 seconds to install Counter strike,
6 seconds to install msn..

and with those seconds, I mean from the second I clicked on the install...

as normal all flamers against me here, your computer MUST sux ass and you don't read fully before you start to flame against something you haven't been able to try your self..

OMG!

Sincerely

Well, that's the thing! Haven't you got that yet?! Vista is a resource-hog, it uses ALOT more resources than it has to to get the same result. There is no way in hell you can actually think they code Vista in a good way. Even tho XP might have a limit in speed, it's still good enough for most computers. You haven't tried Linux then, I guess? It uses like 5% of the resources Vista does, and has the same, or even better results with the right drivers for your hardware. Try Windows 7 and you'll see you get a better result, with less use of resources than you do with Windows Vista.

I'm sorry if I may seem harsh or anything, but people that think they know everything and just keeps thinking he's right even how many times anyone has prooven him wrong is one of the things I hate most in this world.

Microsoft Windows Vista is the biggest mistake Microsoft has ever made,
Yes.
it is almost, and i mean almost incompatible with EVERY software. only few softwar is available for it.
No.
The new windows 7 should make up for all of that. Which all it is, is just a better Windows Vista, and should have Windows XP compatibilities.
Yes.
And excuse me when I say, speed depends on you 1. Memory, 2. Processor, and 3.. well how old your pc is. and Windows Vista, well I don't like how it has to use up 50% more memory than xp, Windows XP uses about 512MB of ram to run
No, not even 100 mb.
Windows Vista however needs about 1 - 1.5GB just to run, that's a BIG Difference!
Again, wrong.
Oh! and lets ot get started on that whole USER ACCOUNT CONTROL, even tho you CAN disable it, it still bugs the shi* out of you to turn it back on. and when you want to install something, you have to give it a minute just to start the process, windows xp however, when u want to install something and u click it, it pops up right then.
It sometimes also stucks for XP.
The ONLY reason Vista runs faster is because u have to use up so MUCH memory to make it do that.
No.
I'm sure if you give XP about 1gb of ram, a 2.5Ghz Processor it will run like vista. Trust me I know.
No.
Me, I have 4GB of Memory(RAM), 500GB HDD Space, 1GB Video Mem, 3Ghz Processor. Windows XP SP3 HE.
You'll be suprised what u can do with those specs.
Same things than on any other.

I have been using XP for years and I don't feel like upgrading as micosoft only seems to focus on the looks.

You should consider updating to W7 when its ready.

Emma, Windows Seven won't be done for another few years. :p
PS: they only give out BETAS.

i'll say vista, alot more better than xp, faster, nicer, etc

Vista's all good, but wait until you run into something you can't play and you really wanna play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma, Windows Seven won't be done for another few years. :p

Vista's all good, but wait until you run into something you can't play and you really wanna play it.

Microsoft said:
We’re almost there! Windows 7 is on its way to manufacturing, and will be available on October 22.
:mad:

OH seriously, well Microsoft must have some good people on their hands now, because last time i heard, (last year) they said it wont be done for another few years. well okay thanks for the news, Emma. very appreciated.

I have been using XP for years and I don't feel like upgrading as micosoft only seems to focus on the looks.

I will most likely update to Windows 7 when that's ready and there's a nice pirated edition for it. ;) But not Vista, too much of a memory-hog. Windows 7 is considered the finished version of Vista, since they released it too early from the beginning.

Lol, I just go out and buy my OS's :p

Oh yeah empty, that's why i carry about 4 GB of RAM with me, and I don't use Vista, that doesnt mean I don't like it.
People/Microsoft needs to find a way where Windows XP & Vista can work in the same Operating System, Like Vista and XP Mixed

and I don't mean like the look type I mean as in It's vista, but has XP Compatibilities. Get what I mean?

Actually, Windows 7 is using somewhat same amount of resources.

No, not really, check comparisons between w7 and Vista. ;)

Lol, I just go out and buy my OS's :p

Oh yeah empty, that's why i carry about 4 GB of RAM with me, and I don't use Vista, that doesnt mean I don't like it.
People/Microsoft needs to find a way where Windows XP & Vista can work in the same Operating System, Like Vista and XP Mixed

and I don't mean like the look type I mean as in It's vista, but has XP Compatibilities. Get what I mean?

I'm using 4 GB aswell, running XP.

Back