• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Probably [8.6] Armonia Map

Would you play a new Armonia (Client 8.6/Higher) Server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klaien

C:\Program Files\Root\
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was kinda looking through Otservlist and it looks like there are no Armonia (map) servers anymore.
So I was wondering, is anyone still interesting in playing on a (custom) Armonia server 8.6/higher and ofcourse 24/7?
It was kinda popular when I played before.

It's also nice to discuss it here.

Regards,

Klaien

EDIT: What about an evolutions map? Would you play that?

Last edited:
I wouldn't but alot of evo fans probably would. I don't like servers with teleports though...

the ot and the creater needs to be serious, not have it online for 1 week cuz of cash income and then turn it off. Alot of custom shit and shit would be nice for evo.

Also 10.41 would be cool :D

Ive been working on mine for a long time, should be up within a month or so :)
Haven't decided on a version yet, but would in one way be cool with 10.41 without any cooldown.
But at the same time ppl seems to prefer 8.60 due to elfbot.

Idc about profits, as long as the server pays for itself and has enoguh players online I won't do any resets etc.

I'm kinda used to the armonia map since I've had one @ 8.42 client, with daily around 80(+) people online, had to go offline due to my pc crashing which I was using that time and I didn't had any money to like buy a VPS since we had no donations. I consider to get a VPS for this project. I don't prefer any client but it seems like 8.6 is winning with players @ otservlist so to get a small base of players it would be easier to start with that client. I might consider to join a team aswell. Might be fun. Evolution map is great aswell tho.

I'm kinda used to the armonia map since I've had one @ 8.42 client, with daily around 80(+) people online, had to go offline due to my pc crashing which I was using that time and I didn't had any money to like buy a VPS since we had no donations. I consider to get a VPS for this project. I don't prefer any client but it seems like 8.6 is winning with players @ otservlist so to get a small base of players it would be easier to start with that client. I might consider to join a team aswell. Might be fun. Evolution map is great aswell tho.

Tbh with my experience your server won't be up for long if you are using a VPS. You need a real dedicated with DDoS protection.
Otherwise all the BR servers will keep DDoSing your server and players will leave within a day or so.
Don't wanna get your hopes down tho, but it requires more then that.

Tbh with my experience your server won't be up for long if you are using a VPS. You need a real dedicated with DDoS protection.
Otherwise all the BR servers will keep DDoSing your server and players will leave within a day or so.
Don't wanna get your hopes down tho, but it requires more then that.

But I can like start the project with a VPS right? Then when it's growing a bit bigger getting a dedicated? Only like the first month or so?

But I can like start the project with a VPS right? Then when it's growing a bit bigger getting a dedicated? Only like the first month or so?
Sure :) it will be fine as a start^^

Well you could, but the thing is once players gets tierd of the ot they rarely return unless there are major updates and alot more players.
If I we're you id save up to get a real dedicated like shadowcores from hosteam.pl, they will handle the DDoS attack even if you should add a creaturescript that kicks all the players without a real ip string(can probbly be found on the forum).
But if you really wanna put time into the ot and don't wanna save up etc you can buy a used dedicated, ex. they bought one for 30 days and had to close the ot after 15 days due to something.

Sure :) it will be fine as a start^^
As I just said, it could work but if the players leave they leave. And if you ask me its not really worth the bet. Atleast not now when its so easy to buy zombie computers to DDoS with.

Well you could, but the thing is once players gets tierd of the ot they rarely return unless there are major updates and alot more players.
If I we're you id save up to get a real dedicated like shadowcores from hosteam.pl, they will handle the DDoS attack even if you should add a creaturescript that kicks all the players without a real ip string(can probbly be found on the forum).
But if you really wanna put time into the ot and don't wanna save up etc you can buy a used dedicated, ex. they bought one for 30 days and had to close the ot after 15 days due to something.

As I just said, it could work but if the players leave they leave. And if you ask me its not really worth the bet. Atleast not now when its so easy to buy zombie computers to DDoS with.

I might look more into a dedicated server then.

I haven't played armonia in a while I like the idea of client 10.41!

All clients are yet to decide so it might be 10.41 if we are really going live. We are in very early stages at the moment.

http://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/index.xml
Offers some decent DDOS protected servers^^

Thanks for the link! I'm gonna check it out and check if they have what we want to!

I might look more into a dedicated server then.

All clients are yet to decide so it might be 10.41 if we are really going live. We are in very early stages at the moment.

Thanks for the link! I'm gonna check it out and check if they have what we want to!

No problem mate :)
Btw. OVH has anti ddos for lal their servers, even for their VPS :)

http://www.ovh.com/us/anti-ddos/

Send me a pm if you need any help converting things. :)

Back