• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Project] Kiranthyl (Updated 05/04)

Druid Elf

Reaction score
Kiranthyl is a project I've been thinking about since I first started working with OTs, back when the only "available" server was TDA (still got my copy in a floppy disk!) and then the first OTServers for 7.1 started to be created. Since the old days I've had this name and ideas kept popping. I had one of the first 7.1 servers with real multi-level thanks to JXB. Together with Vitor I was one of the first to have a house system. Was working on 100% depot saving, stackables and house saving. Unfortunately I tried myself to convert my OT from 7.1 to 7.4 (which were different protocols, even the files were different), the result: Debugs on login.
I gave up and deleted all my files, which I really regret nowadays. Everything I had worked on was forever lost.
First minimap:
2LuHU.png

In-game picture (in January, 2006):
2LuJb.png

In 2011 I got back to OT and revived the idea of Kiranthyl. Actually, Kiranthyl was supposed to be a game which we never finished due the lack of graphic artists and a story. To see what the graphics looked like (I did it) check here: http://puu.sh/2Lv5b.png

Let's cut to the chase. The idea is revived, I'm still working on this endless project, but I am really going to finish it now, even if it takes me years to do so. Perhaps I'll need the help of experienced coders and scripters to put my ideas into life, since I haven't coded anything since 2006. But anyway... Let's go to the pictures?

First Kiranthyl's Rook (in May, 2011):
2LuQC.png

It wasn't that bad, but I changed it a little... (in January, 2012):
2LuOH.png

Ok, I'm not happy, let's start from scratch! (in November, 2012):
2LuMr.png

I think it is a little too big, let's change some:
2g5oz
2gh3u

A new mountain:
2jC2t

Still too big, let's reduce some more:
2KSCD
2jC3v

I'm getting tired of mapping rook, I need to start scripting it, and it is still big!
2KSGn

Latest version (01/05/2013):
2Lull

---
UPDATE
In-game pictures can be seen here: http://otland.net/f57/project-kiranthyl-188385/#post1821720

Last edited:
I think rook still is to big.. Think about low lvls have to walk around all that, gonna take forever.. But ofcourse, it depends on your rates. But im guessing low rates? :p And is this autobordered?

I never use autoborder.

It'll be low rate, I'm more into RPG. Anyway, I've tested it, and it isn't that big, the actual size is good (I think it's smaller than CIP's rook).

I never use autoborder.

It'll be low rate, I'm more into RPG. Anyway, I've tested it, and it isn't that big, the actual size is good (I think it's smaller than CIP's rook).

Good :D

Thats also good. yeah okey, i just finnished Rookgard myself, u can check it out at my thread .v. Mine is so muuch smaller, but ill probably make it larger, in case (or if) the server gets lots of pepz. But still long time left..
Keep up on the good work. I will follow :)

Good job, but ... you said you came back to project at May 2011. And finished rook, may 2013... 2 years for rook? =) Thats surely the best rook ever made, however I kinda afraid to guess how much time you would need for a whole game world =( Anyway, good luck ^^

I really like your ingame pics, gave me another impression :) Nice work!

I am sorry for the lack of updates, been somewhat busy with work and college.

I'm soon going to reorganize the introduction to the server, post a little about the story and give more pictures, rook is almost finished!

Back