• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PS3 Question

Kociii

FTW = Fuck The What
Reaction score
Hey.. Im having a bit trouble with my Playstation 3. For the moment im using a HDMI-Cabel into my Playstation 3 into my TV. It worked just fine yestoday when i was playing Killzone 3.. Nothing happend and such. But now when i turn it on nothing works.. The playstation 3 start with a green light glowing [No problem there] if it would flash red or yellow then it's YLOD.. But as it's green it's ok. But how i even try i don't get any signal with the HDMI-Cabel.

So i tried to use the EXT cabel. With the Yellow/Red/White cabel. Doesen't work, so i try put i into my Playstation 2 and i get a signal from there.. So i ask. What have happend, is there a problem in the PS3 or have the cabel input hole broke? Or something?

Please, if you know anything let me know..

- - - Updated - - -

Next time share some info how did you managed to fix it :p I hate when i search for solution and i find posts like "Edit: Solved" :D
Anyways who still has this problem can just reset video settings by holding down power button (like 5-10sec i can't remember exactly) till second beep.

And i got to be smartass and mention that PS3 has YLOD not RROD

Okaay, so i went to google and search for Playstation 3 Support and Ps3 support Ext cabel / HDMI-cabel and i found two sites. It's in the link below! The first link worked for me the Ext cabel but not the HDMI-settnings thing but im sure that it will work. I just got problem with my HDMI, i think it's kinda broken or something =) ahahahah

Down here is the text how to reset the video settnings so you can get the picture again =)

Code:
Resetting the Video Output Settings

Perform the following steps to reset the Video Output Settings.

1.Make sure the AV Cable is connected to the AV MULTI OUT port on the back of the PLAYSTATION 3 system.  Connect the other end of the AV Cable into the yellow port for video, and into the white and red audio ports on the back of your TV.

2.While the PLAYSTATION 3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the touch-sensitive ON/OFF button on the front of the system until the system goes into standby mode again . (So the light cycle would go from: red light to --> green light --> then back to red light)  This will ensure that you have held down the On/Off button long enough to reset the Video Output Settings.

3. Turn on the PLAYSTATION 3 system and once the system finishes powering up, the Video Output Settings will automatically be reset to the Standard Resolution (or detect the current display output settings of your TV/monitor).

So this ^ worked for my EXT-Cabel and it could get foward my picture ;) But then i tried to fix the HDMI-Cabel but woulden't work and i found a HDMI-Solution but it did not work. Tried the HDMI to my computer but got no picture at all so i guess my HDMI cabel is broken or something. We will see about that ;)

There you got a little guide Wavoz.. ;)

LINKS
EXT-Cabel: Problem for EXT-Cabel
HDMI-Cabel: Problem with HDMI-Cabel?

Last edited:
Next time share some info how did you managed to fix it :p I hate when i search for solution and i find posts like "Edit: Solved" :D
Anyways who still has this problem can just reset video settings by holding down power button (like 5-10sec i can't remember exactly) till second beep.

EDIT:
Hah! Looking great!

Last edited:

The 5-10 second is for the HDMI settnings ;) and it's 5 second :D If you wanna reset your whole input it's from standby to on and back to standy .. about 10-15 second ;) I updated it so you can read it and get it fixed right here ;D

Back