• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Questio: Is LuaSQL or other Lua-Database way of work added to the OT's?

Obsdark

Reaction score
Is LuaSQL or other Lua-Database way of work it added to the OT's?

Of course i'm asking because i'll never seen in a tutorial nobody teaching how to use it, and i think it would be a good way to avoid working with C++ to work with the databases

Also it increase significantly the possible uses of Lua on ot's

So, it exist?, and if it is that way, how to use it?, it is possible a tutorial?

or if don't, have any of you make a tut/help with the "instalation" process, (asuming requeires some kind of instalaltion, i'm not that good at coding :S )

Thanks in advance

PS: Move this topic wherever must be, asuming this is not the right place to post it, thanks in advance for that too. ;)

Could you try to be a bit more clear? What is the problem exactly? You want to implement LuaSQL with your OT server?

As of now, all the popular server can access the database with Lua(with functions like "db.query")

for practical purpose you already answer my thing ¡Thanks a lot!

I was wondering why not a single tut about Lua in Otland or similar touch this topic at all, i believe than LuaSQL wasn't part of the OT compilation, well Thanks a lot about this correction, you don't know how much you help!

¡Have a nice day!

Thanks but i'm not looking for one, i just notice than none of the tuts about Lua actualy teach guys than they can connect and interact directly through lua with a DB.

And that's a powerfull stuff if you are making scripts

Back