• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

question regarding running server on linux

zechdc

Reaction score
I'll start off my saying I'm totally new to linux, so sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have searched the forums. I've followed the guide to setting up the mysql from the documentation in the server files. I'm stuck at this step.

Last step, you can now launch your server ;).
If you're new to Linux you just have to type:
./TheForgottenServer

(All the previous steps seemed to complete successfully for me.)
What directory do I run this command from, or is it from the mysql command line? And what type of file is it that I'm trying to run? I don't really understand how the server operates on linux with mysql.

(I'm running ubuntu server 8.1)

frist enter the directory where You compiled tfs then run this command its like You start .exe at winshit

So I need to compile the server? I just ftp'ed the server I had been using on windows over the the linux server. Is that my problem?

After you've done downloading the files, do this:
Code:
cd 0.3.1pl2 && ./autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-mysql --enable-server-diag && make
(this command if used on 0.3 servers. Replace '0.3.1pl2' with your version).
After it finishes off compiling, just use ./theforgottenserver and that's it.

\\

Thanks for the tutorial link, it has helped a lot. Now my problem is that I can't login to the server.
Does this line that appears after I ./configure have anything to do with it?

Login Server mode == no

Are there a list of commands anywhere that I can use when compiling? (such as these --enable-mysql --enable-sqlite --enable-remote-control --enable-server-diag )

edit: figured it out

Last edited:
Now I can't figure out how to manage the server once it is running. When the server runs successfully, I lose my root@linux:~ . How do I send commands to the server such as shut down?

Now I can't figure out how to manage the server once it is running. When the server runs successfully, I lose my root@linux:~ . How do I send commands to the server such as shut down?

you have to do it in game, or from an external application such as OTAdmin or something like that

If you want to use it, you have to open another terminal (CTRL+SHIFT+T) and type the signal.

\\

Sorry, I've got another problem. I have the server running and successfully connected with mysql, but now I can't login to it. In my tibia client I can load the default character list, but when I try to login it says the server refused connection error:10061