• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Questions on Item Editing

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm using Tfs 1.2 for 8.6 (ninja's downgrade)

Essentially, there are a ton of sprites that I'm not going to be using, and most of what I am using is custom. It seems unnecessarily difficult to sift through the 1000's of sprites I'm not using.

What I'm trying to do is to create a new or heavily modify the spr/dat and items.otb and then adjust the xml files so I can de-clutter my environment and free myself from searching through all the sprites that I don't want to use.

Also, I have an updated otitem editor (that works up to 10.98), but it's giving me fits while trying to use it on this server. It opens the spr/dat files fine, but tells me the items.otb don't match the client version 20 (even though it all opens on the old item editor and RME)..... Pretty much pulling my hair out trying to figure out that one.

I'd prefer to use the newer OT Item editor because it is just designed better, but if I have to at least the old one seems to work when adding new items.

Anyway, Is there a way to just delete these items completely? (including ground tiles/walls/etc)

In a perfect world, what I'm trying to accomplish is being able to open my RME/Object Builder/Item editor and only have the items I'm using present. It sounds simple enough, but it is completely alluding me as to how to do it.

I'm at the end of my rope with it, any suggestions?

Essentially, there are a ton of sprites that I'm not going to be using, and most of what I am using is custom. It seems unnecessarily difficult to sift through the 1000's of sprites I'm not using.

What I'm trying to do is to create a new or heavily modify the spr/dat and items.otb and then adjust the xml files so I can de-clutter my environment and free myself from searching through all the sprites that I don't want to use.

Also, I have an updated otitem editor (that works up to 10.98), but it's giving me fits while trying to use it on this server. It opens the spr/dat files fine, but tells me the items.otb don't match the client version 20 (even though it all opens on the old item editor and RME)..... Pretty much pulling my hair out trying to figure out that one.

I'd prefer to use the newer OT Item editor because it is just designed better, but if I have to at least the old one seems to work when adding new items.

Anyway, Is there a way to just delete these items completely? (including ground tiles/walls/etc)

In a perfect world, what I'm trying to accomplish is being able to open my RME/Object Builder/Item editor and only have the items I'm using present. It sounds simple enough, but it is completely alluding me as to how to do it.

Im not the best guy to help you here, but ill try.
Starting with the item editor, regarding the error check the source code, that way you can see what is needed for the software to give you that error, or upload the sources here (attach them).
Can't say how you can remove the items, if I ever were to do something like this I would modify the source code (unless there already is a tool for it in the software) and ex remove all items with certain itemid ranges.
Let's say you don't wanna use 6000 - 20000 then you iterate through those ids and remove them, will be ALOT quicker than you sitting and manually removing them.
And if you are able to open the otb file with any editor you can change the version to w/e you want it to be, 8.6 etc etc to make it easier to find another item editor that works better.

RME will only load what you tell it to load. This means you must edit the accompanying xml files for the client you are using.
So if you don't want all those excess items showing up in the map editor/server you can remove them from the xml files, you can also create your own custom pallets and name your items whatever you like.
If you edit the items.xml in the map editor it will not effect the items on your server and vice versa but you can use the same items otb/xml files for both your server and map editor.

Yes, thank you both. I planned to edit the RME xml files when I was finished with my server files.

I ended up messing around with my item editors code and getting it to work. Now I'm in process of creating brand new spr and data files as well as a new items.otb and items.xml :)

Tedious for sure, but at the end of the day it's good practice, and I'll have 100% custom items/sprites for my server!

Back