• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quick Quests

STiX

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Preface:
Greetings all!

First a quick message to the moderators. As I'm not including (though may link to later) any scripts or downloads - I'm not certain where this should be posted. Closest area I could see would be the "Resources" category, but not within the contained sub-boards. However, naturally I can't post in there. Feel free to move this as you see fit.

To all else, below you fill find concepts for some standard and dynamic quests. These are designed with the intention on being short and sweet, so expect fetch and delivery quests, but will often have some interesting quirks and will help expand out any server. Naturally, everything posted below will be able to be created without the need for any source edits and it's expected that you use the below content as a jumping point to spring you into coming up with your own ideas (although, you're still welcome to use them directly!). Please post any feedback you have, and if well received, I'll post some corresponding scripts and the like to link up with them to make them more accessible later :)

Wanted: Slime Spit
Source: A local alchemist.
Task: Local alchemist and only slightly dangerous eccentric Chesk Umberweed promised a group of dwarves he could deliver some powerful metal-etching acid, but he's run out of supplies! He needs a dozen vials of slime acid as soon as possible.
Completion: A single giant slimes or 12 normal slimes should provide enough acid for Chesk's needs.
Reward: Chesk promises to brew up a dozen potions of the user's choice as a reward.

Defiler.gif
=
Slime_%28Liquid%29.gif
12x
Bog_Raider.gif
=
Slime_%28Liquid%29.gif
x4

Slime_%28Creature%29.gif
=
Slime_%28Liquid%29.gif
1x

Dragonfly Cloak
Source: A travelling cleric.
Task: A travelling cleric of TownName named Borzaki makes a specialty of crafting magic items from insect parts. He promises to make a magic cloak for the first person who can bring him a large shipment of dragonfly wings.
Completion: The wings from no less than 12 dragonflies should suffice for Brozaki' needs.
Reward: Borzaki users some of the wings to craft a Dragonfly Cloak of Resistance as a reward.
Emerald_Damselfly.gif
=
Damselfly_Wing.gif
x2

Damselfly_Wing.gif
x24 =
Spirit_Cloak.gif

Wanted: Speartooth
Source: Wanted poster
Task: The saber-toothed tiger Speartooth has long played the hills west of the swamp. They say he's killed and eaten a hundred people. So far, no one has managed to bring the beast down.
Completion: Find Speartooth, kill him, and deliver his 22-inch-long fangs to the captain of the guard in the local city.
Reward: The standing bounty for Speartooth's fangs is 800gp.
The bounty increases from 800gp by 200gp each hour until the reward is cashed in by any player, resetting the bounty back to 800gp. Speartooth has a spawn timer of 45 minutes.

Mutated_Tiger.gif
=
Perfect_Behemoth_Fang.gif
x2
Perfect_Behemoth_Fang.gif
x2 =
Gold_Coin.gif
x800+

Wanted: Hydra
Source: Wanted poster at Oleg's Trading Post
Task: The way everyone talks about hydras, one might think they're swarming throughout the lands. This isn't the case; the're actually quite rare. A hydra head would be a great conversation piece at Oleg's. He has promised a reward for anyone who can deliver one.
Completion: Slay a hydra and deliver one of it's heads.
Reward: Oleg will pay 600gp for a relatively undamaged hydra head and perhaps even more for a good one.

Additional Information: Whilst the player will be able to obtain 3 Hydra Heads per Hydra, he can only hand in the quest once. There are 3 potential qualities of Hydra Heads that are obtainable, with Oleg paying a different amount depending which is handed in. An undamaged head has a 70% chance to be obtained, perfect 5% and gnarly 25%. Players can of course on sell their spare heads for other players looking to complete the quest, making more profit and enabling lower level players to complete the quest without having to fight a hydra.

Hydra.gif
+
Skinning_Knife.gif
=
Hydra_Head.gif
x3

Hydra_Head.gif
-
Gold_Coin.gif

Perfect Hydra Head - x1200gp
Undamaged Hydra Head - x600gp
Gnarly Hydra Head - x110gp

Last edited:
Maybe some better rewards for such quests? I like these type of ideas :) as i'm a developer but as a player i would like better rewards...

I Think its all awesome. I will for sure use alot of those types for a server I have in mind when I get to that stage.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Back