• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I just thought of this, keep everything the same apart from the second floor. Go to the second floor and place fire walls around, fire on top of the walls you already have. Use some electricity if you wish. If you really wanna make it stand out... You know the grass? Replace it with preferably dirt with and less plants, maybe some grass areas a flower or two. If you really wanna go for a good look, you will need a good mapper to put some nice swamp patches, the 8.60 + 'new' sprite swamp is good too

21nhd1e.png

Remove the dwarf trees and grass tufts going onto the thick grass borders and it will look pretty good.
Is that the actual size of the client window, or did you place your character into the scene with animals with Photoshop or its equivalent?

i would change the second floor walls, it looks to heavy compared to the first floor walls and the colors doesn't match. Also i would try to make the roof less messy. And i don't like the floor with the fountain part, I would leave it as a hole i think
Do you think there's a better roof that would fit it? I mean, that's not even technically a roof. Those are stairs lmao

Do you think there's a better roof that would fit it? I mean, that's not even technically a roof. Those are stairs lmao

that roof-stair is fine, it looks kinda greek-ish, i would just try a better shape so it doesn't look messy, if you go for a greek-ish look you probably want to try something more simple

Fort. Orcs>Minos.

EygZ1MiuA.png

d6573p1D1.png
The reddish tile doesn't really look that great, and the angel statue and carlin banner seem kinda out of place. Other than that, it's not bad.
that roof-stair is fine, it looks kinda greek-ish, i would just try a better shape so it doesn't look messy, if you go for a greek-ish look you probably want to try something more simple
Yeah, I guess I don't really have to stick with the exact shape of the old map.
UPDATE: Current progress on the revamp (the roads, main gate walls, the building in the bottom left corner, and the magic shop are all that have been redone so far)

I kinda feel like I need to change the glass walls now, but idk.

Last edited:
Thanks for the criticism. Now that you mention those things, they do look out of place.
fonz2.jpg

As far as your map goes, try alternating walls for the houses(5152,5153,5154,5155.) Also try not using the bolder grass tufts(ID: 6216) as much. With in towns, I try to stick to using 6217,6218,6219. Just my opinion. But I do enjoy your concepts.

Here's an example out of my current map(I gave up on working on the towns and went to spawns, so you'll see some bugs). Feel free to use anything you like, I'm no whore.
bmB_LaVEk.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the criticism. Now that you mention those things, they do look out of place.
fonz2.jpg

As far as your map goes, try alternating walls for the houses(5152,5153,5154,5155.) Also try not using the bolder grass tufts(ID: 6216) as much. With in towns, I try to stick to using 6217,6218,6219. Just my opinion. But I do enjoy your concepts.

Here's an example out of my current map(I gave up on working on the towns and went to spawns, so you'll see some bugs). Feel free to use anything you like, I'm no whore.
bmB_LaVEk.png
Well, I haven't started to re-map the houses yet, but I definitely won't keep the same walls for all of them :p

@RokojoM • - • • • • - • • - • - • - -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back