• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real Map OT (Advice)

Robbiet6

Reaction score
Hello,
Just wondering if somebody can tell me what i would need to buy for my computer to run a Real map ot
Its a high exp real map if that makes any difference please let me know + a website using Uniform server

My computer is currently Intel core i3-370M whith 3gb ram
The real map is currently extremely laggy and slow to open for me alone.

Can somebody tell me what i would need to add to make it run smooth and lag free with 50-100 players
Even a rough estimate would be appreciated.

Also what interent connection speed i would need if that makes a difference im currently on 30mb fibre optic broadband

Help would be aprreciated pleasee

Running a server with a large map is nothing comparable to opening the map in map editor.
Your CPU should be fine, the only thing you need to buy is more RAM, which might not be possible for your motherboard, so you might end up having to buy a whole new computer. It is much cheaper to rent a server then.
You need about 6 GB of RAM for a real map server and with Windows it's more.

Thanks for the advice don, i am using widnows 7 and i have a 64bit so ive been told i can add up to 64gb ram, do you think if i made my laptop 16gb ram i could easily host it? and players would not lag?

Thanks for the advice don, i am using widnows 7 and i have a 64bit so ive been told i can add up to 64gb ram, do you think if i made my laptop 16gb ram i could easily host it? and players would not lag?

Laptops aren't ment for hosting, you'll need a PC with a good cooling system, and let's say 8 gb w/no lag.
TFS is using one core if i'm not mistaken, so dual, quad and other cores do not help, regards dude.

Are you saying its not possible on a laptop to even host without lag? i can still used a wired interent connection and if i added double that ram into my laptop could you tell me a bit more information why it couldnt host, sorry

Are you saying its not possible on a laptop to even host without lag? i can still used a wired interent connection and if i added double that ram into my laptop could you tell me a bit more information why it couldnt host, sorry

Well, it's possible to host on a laptop but with an awesome cooling system that PCs usually have. Well, 3-4 Ghz Single core would be enough, and 6-8 GB ram, the main problem could be the ram.
I personally tried to host a server on my laptop and it didn't go well even though i did have a cooler and 4 gigs of ram.

Im not sure how many cores or what cooling system i have, is their anyway to check?
Also i plan to get 16gb ram put in so would my only problem be overheating?

Im not sure how many cores or what cooling system i have, is their anyway to check?
Also i plan to get 16gb ram put in so would my only problem be overheating?

Well, the thing is, you can't usually add coolers on laptops because they're small and stuff.
PCs have their tower and you can replace and add lots of 'em. Well, check the Ghz-es of your CPU, every core has the same.
Basically jeah, the only problem would be the cooling system.

Back