• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real Tibia Server Tips?

XxShallowxX

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
Hello, I am making a Real Tibia map. I know, you will probably all not approve, but I want it to be different than all of the rest of them, so can people give me some tips, or ideas on what to edit to it? Or, what to add, and what kind of scripts to use, and how to advertise, etc.?

My Questions :

Code:
What do I edit in the map?
What scripts should I use?
What should the experience rate be?
How should I advertise the OT?
What are some custom features I should use?

Some ppl say don't use it :p custom instead

Some ppl say don't use it :p custom instead

Well yeah, I really want to make a custom map.
But, I don't have much money, I can't find a team, and everyone wants Real Maps..
If I could find a team for a Custom RPG, that would be great, I would dedicate myself to it, but I can't..
So, this is my only resource to get players. Another 'Goddamned' Real Map Server..
I never wanted to make one, but I can't find a team, so this is my choice.

First of all you need consistent updates, plenty of advertising, 24/7 hosting, and active staff.

1. What do I edit in the map?
    Add a training area that blends in with the map, not just some newb one you download.
  2. What scripts should I use?
    Tibia scripts? Make as many FUN QUESTS as possible. (No one likes to spend 1 hour talking to NPC's)
  3. What should the experience rate be?
    I don't like high rates, but I would end @ level 300 with x2 or x3.
  4. How should I advertise the OT?
    Don't be afraid to spend money. You need to advertise on all OT Server List websites. (MINIMUM)
  5. What are some custom features I should use?
    Have a decent VIP system that is NOT over powered. Do not sell items with 80 attack.
    Make it so people get 10% more gold if they are VIP from shops, stuff like this...

This is only my perspective on what a "real map" server should have.
Even if you do all of the above, if you aren't dedicated, you will fail.

One tip:
Don't make more rl maps shit server please!

If I were you, awh, hell, I'll just tell you what I did (because I made a real map for the same reason)

I looked at successful Real Map servers, and took note of everything I could. I compared it to unsucessful Real Map servers, and took note of everything I could.
I compared the lists, and I tried to make sense of why the unsuccessful ones were unsuccessful, and why the successful ones were successful. Easy enough method.
I then went about to incorporate something unique (nobody will choose your server over the already popular one unless you have something new/better) to give yours the edge -- That's where being a dedicated OT owner comes in.

After you have your server established, advertise, like JDB said. A LOT. It's never enough. Then make a forum, and ask for suggestions & feedback to the suggestions. Simple enough.
Red

1. Try to create your own town unless you can't ...
So try to change old useless resps to good ones.. For example delete dwarfs from kazo and put there 666 demons.
2. GET THE ALL FREAKIN NICE SCRIPTS that you can find.. I saw so many.. Loot ring, +% exp items, Teleport scrolls etc.
3. 9999999exp like evo map servers.
Seriously : stages 100,50,30,20,10,5,3
4. I don't know much about advertise. Try to put 666 copies of your ot video on youtube and if every 100nd viewer join your super real map ot server and every your video would have 100 views then you have simply 666 satanist tibia pllayers on your evilish ot.
5. Custom features umm.. Sex with animals, ride a snake, doind drugs (you eat some psilocybes and all colors are mixed from now..)..
umm more realistic: you can make something like footbal field, chess, Summon's battle etc. Of course all with huge prizes.

Btw.Too bad that you are not from poland cause i have my own custom map and now im trying to make it full scripted and make own server.

Nothing.
Self explained?
Depends what kind of players you reach for, if you are starting a server for money, then please do not even start a real map.
Otland, OTservlist, features.. make your server special.. unique from other servers which is quite easy when it comes to real tibia maps.
None.

Look, a real map is supposed to be a real tibia map, you aren´t supposed to do any custom with it. I look at real tibia based maps as a copy of cipsofts with some improvements such as exp rates. If you want to add custom parts or scripts or whatever, please just make a complete custom map and you will be saved from the trouble of flame. A good real tibia based server never get flamed if it´s good without any customs because, there is nothing to flame as its original. Try not to spend any money on the server as you will notice, it´s not even worth it if you are a noob and has no security on being successful. Never give GMs to anyone you do not know even real mates. You can´t trust anyone simply.

Don´t start a real tibia based server.

Nothing.
Self explained?
Depends what kind of players you reach for, if you are starting a server for money, then please do not even start a real map.
Otland, OTservlist, features.. make your server special.. unique from other servers which is quite easy when it comes to real tibia maps.
None.

Look, a real map is supposed to be a real tibia map, you aren´t supposed to do any custom with it. I look at real tibia based maps as a copy of cipsofts with some improvements such as exp rates. If you want to add custom parts or scripts or whatever, please just make a complete custom map and you will be saved from the trouble of flame. A good real tibia based server never get flamed if it´s good without any customs because, there is nothing to flame as its original. Try not to spend any money on the server as you will notice, it´s not even worth it if you are a noob and has no security on being successful. Never give GMs to anyone you do not know even real mates. You can´t trust anyone simply.

Don´t start a real tibia based server.

facebook-like-buton.png

1. Try to create your own town unless you can't ...
So try to change old useless resps to good ones.. For example delete dwarfs from kazo and put there 666 demons.
2. GET THE ALL FREAKIN NICE SCRIPTS that you can find.. I saw so many.. Loot ring, +% exp items, Teleport scrolls etc.
3. 9999999exp like evo map servers.
Seriously : stages 100,50,30,20,10,5,3
4. I don't know much about advertise. Try to put 666 copies of your ot video on youtube and if every 100nd viewer join your super real map ot server and every your video would have 100 views then you have simply 666 satanist tibia pllayers on your evilish ot.
5. Custom features umm.. Sex with animals, ride a snake, doind drugs (you eat some psilocybes and all colors are mixed from now..)..
umm more realistic: you can make something like footbal field, chess, Summon's battle etc. Of course all with huge prizes.

Btw.Too bad that you are not from poland cause i have my own custom map and now im trying to make it full scripted and make own server.

loled...

Back