• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real time mapping?

highclick

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm working on an OT with my friend.

I'm the scripter and he is doing all the mapping, everytime we update our map he sends it too me via skype, i put it into the OT folder.

The problem is, I have too put out all of the NPC everytime I get the new map from him. It wasn't a problem at first, but now we got about 20-25 NPCs and It's really annoying.

Is there anyway for me too avoid having to place the NPC over and over again?

Or even better, is there a way for us too work on the server together, realtime?

Thank you in advance!

Not sure if the version matters in this case but: TFS 0.3.6

Last edited:
Surely someone must've had a similar dilemma? Please share how you worked your way around it, or if you perhaps sticked to it?

after you place the NPC's, save the RME map and then give it back your friend so he has the NPC's too?

Right now i assume you gave him the early map.
He is doing the map and doesn't add NPC's
When you get the new map, you place down the NPC's, but you don't give him the "new map with NPC's"
So next time he gives you updated map its without NPC's again, because well.. you didn't give him the map where was the NPC's on.

i don't recommend, if you map at the same time, 1 of your work will be deleted.

And its really simple. just in your current actions:
  • Friend creates a map
  • He sends it to me,
  • i script and place NPC AND SEND BACK THE MAP TO FRIEND
  • Friend now has Map with NPC's
  • REPEAT

i don't recommend, if you map at the same time, 1 of your work will be deleted.

And its really simple. just in your current actions:
  • Friend creates a map
  • He sends it to me,
  • i script and place NPC AND SEND BACK THE MAP TO FRIEND
  • Friend now has Map with NPC's
  • REPEAT

What if we make sure we don't map at the same time?? Since we're always on skype and I usually don't map, I'll just place a NPC here and there..

Yeah I'll be going with your method until I find something better

So do you think it would work?
I work together with other mappers and have a shared dropbox file. We've never had any problems.

We do map on separate maps and later on import it on the main map but we've worked on the same map before; it just copies the file and gives it a name that makes clear it's a conflicted file.
Dropbox is perfect for projects.

I work together with other mappers and have a shared dropbox file. We've never had any problems.

We do map on separate maps and later on import it on the main map but we've worked on the same map before; it just copies the file and gives it a name that makes clear it's a conflicted file.
Dropbox is perfect for projects.

So do i upload the whole OTserv base in the dropbox or just the map?

And is it possible to host an OT from a dropbox folder

Also you could just send your friend the spawns files. That way, if your friend already changed some parts of the map only the spawns would be missing.

I think that as long as you have the files in your local machine (if you are hosting from local) there shouldn't be any problem doing so.

Dropbox is an application that can store any kind of file. You have the possibility to upload all your OT files, it depends on how much you trust the people you invite to acces your dropbox file.

Dropbox is an application that can store any kind of file. You have the possibility to upload all your OT files, it depends on how much you trust the people you invite to acces your dropbox file.

Thanks for the replies, do you use the dropbox from dropbox.com or another dropbox?

• Friend creates a map
  • He sends it to me, i script and place NPC
  • Friend updates the map
  • He sends it to me- the NPC are all gone, I have too place them again
  • REPEAT
probably because your friends RME doesn't load the NPC files.. Tell him to re-install the program, Worked for me that way :p

Back