• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Really Open Tibia Server List

Don Daniello

/root
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
A few years ago (in 2014 precisely), I came up with an idea of creating a server list. Not just for the purpose of having one more server list but in order to see if a NodeJS framework called Meteor.js would work for that purpose.

I have created the list using a Bootstrap 3-based layout pretty quickly. It was running for over 2 years with not many visitors. It was working perfectly but I had no time to expand the project. It can be run currently as-is with Meteor 1.2 but could use some upgrade. I am releasing the source (which was, by the way, always available on GitHub).

The name is not a typo - it's Open Tibia server LiSt (like the Linux "ls" command).

Framework information: http://docs.meteor.com
OTLS source: https://github.com/DSpeichert/otls

Interesting. :D

How is your experience with Meteorjs as a client?
How would you compare it to etc Angularjs as a client?

I'm not sure what to play with on my next single page application. I was thinking to look into the new Angularjs version, but it may be more beneficial for me to expand to another framework for the sake of experience.

Interesting. :D

How is your experience with Meteorjs as a client?
How would you compare it to etc Angularjs as a client?

I'm not sure what to play with on my next single page application. I was thinking to look into the new Angularjs version, but it may be more beneficial for me to expand to another framework for the sake of experience.
Meteorjs can use Angular, React or "Blade" - its own system. So you are asking probably "how is Blade?". Well, it's way easier than Angular and gets the job done.

Back