• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Revive OTLAND! its time.

Vizzle

Banned User
Reaction score
OTland.net doesnt motivate people to post, to be creative and to make new threads....
Ladies and Gentlemen, listen to my idea, and ill explain why it would work...

Otland needs a proper reputation system that keeps you motivated, but not just a simple one, we need a good one, one that actually motivates, let me explain you what my brain is thinking of:

Every thread you made would have a rep button, but only in the thread, in which the users would be able to click it in order to give you a rep point, (but this rep point wont be visible to you or the other users yet) why?
reputation_management_button.jpg

Let me tell you that if you base the rep system just by people giving rep to others, that wont do ANYTHING, honestly, its just a point, which you can ask someone nicely to give you, force other people to do so or you could cheat by loging from an other account in order to give you extra rep... BUT THIS WONT HAPPEN using my idea, why?

Well, let me explain it like this, Imagine, you make a new thread to present your new map, you worked a lot for it and all that.... and you make a quality thread with images, description, download link, etc, then people will give you rep for that thread, then those rep points will be imported in a simple equation, the equation would be: Number of threads started from the user + points received in total from the threads /(divided) by 2 = actual reputation.

tre.jpg

By doing this equation we are making sure that the user that made the thread gets a fair reputation system, because in order to get a good reputation you will have to post threads frequently and make them good quality, it would make people motivated, because reputation should be given to users that are active frequently and that post quality threads.

BUT, im NOT done, something is missing, now we have rep points.. but... WHY DO WE NEED REP POINTS!?

Ah I forgot, hehe, here comes the interesting part, basically, we could then make the rep points have a value, a value of class, i mean, when you post something you can see your post and to the left info about you (name, pic, date of join and messages) something is missing, right? Yep, the rep, but it would look boring just to put something like ''Rep=247", o we would make new CLASSES, i mean classes, for example:

You start with 0 rep so your class is, Apprentice. Then 50 points, Ellite. Then 150 points, Royal. Then 250 points, Master. Then 350, Elder.
505a38fa1b057534.jpg.jpg

And etc, or something like that, but make them something related with Tibia so it gives a good feeling. And this would appear in your profile, also it would be good to put a top 10 of the people with best reputation, so there is competition to be in the top 10 and the forum will gain activity.
Just think about it. This system will decrease Spam because people who used to post shitty threads, will improve them in order to get rep points, and the people that used to post really good things but only once a month or something like that will start posting more frequently, so its pure advantage, also the activity will inrease considerable.

seo-graph-up.jpg

But i really doubt that more than 4 or 5 people will read all this that i just post, why? Lazyness, just lazyness...

Last edited:
Well atleat I read some of your other thread, but don't use any fonts, annoying for the eyes and no one is gonna read it. But I get your points.

Well atleat I read some of your other thread, but don't use any fonts, annoying for the eyes and no one is gonna read it. But I get your points.
if i use black font no one could see when they use the dark theme, and if i use white one, no one will when they use the light one, also I dont like the deafult one, they should only allow people to use the same theme to avoid this.

Well use light/dark gray not orange, scream green etc.

Well use light/dark gray not orange, scream green etc.
Done, i changed the orange into a neutral grey and i made the green darker, and it looks way more better and its easier to read.
Thanks a lot for the tips :)

Yeah and mby a little smaller text xD, Use B and U insted of red/green.

hmm i like some of the ideas but IMO its only implementable for some boards. boards like chit chat and other boards where people make random threads will be deserted because the people who post most frequently there are also the people who post frequently on the other boards. the threads made in those boards would just lower there actual reputation so they wont make them anymore...

This wont make people come back to otland either imo, things that will help the community imo are projects like the project of flatlander (making a community server), Printer( released a 1.0 server) these are the things that will get people back into creating servers and using imagination.

I still believe in an uprising of the community, at one point the kids will understand that download and run isnt what its all about and will start doing something fresh. I see a lot of old well know people leaving but i'm sure new people will rise up to build this community again.

Sorry for the wall of text :p
Kind regards,
Hehemidu

So lets leave everything like it is and watch how otservers activity decline more and more, there would be a point where there are more DDoS attacks than OTs.
Can't wait to see what WE (The people who were in otservers since the beginning or the starters) did by not doing shit, just sitting down and complain about how everything is not the same...
Sweet...

your formula is wrong, NumberOfThreadsStarted + TotalRepsFromThread/2 will encourage spamming, but TotalRepFromThread * 0.10 = Real Rep.
Will not. since only 10 percent of your total thread rep will be your real rep, this makes hit hard to get a high rep and discourages spamming since it will not get them nowhere.

your formula is wrong, NumberOfThreadsStarted + TotalRepsFromThread/2 will encourage spamming, but TotalRepFromThread * 0.10 = Real Rep.
Will not. since only 10 percent of your total thread rep will be your real rep, this makes hit hard to get a high rep and discourages spamming since it will not get them nowhere.
It wont because if you start a thread for spam people wont give you rep, so spam wouldnt really work and it will encourage people to start more threads and make them more detailed ans better

users can start making threads(simple no harm threads) and making plenty of those threads, since making a thread already rewards them one rep point according to your formula. The formula I posted, only rewards a portion(can be adjusted for higher numbers) of the threads reps to the real user rep, I'm not trying to knock down on the idea, I like it, but I'm pointing out an inconsistency with your idea and your formula.

Back