• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved RME Map Editor - Spawn range

Blixmo

Reaction score
Ohaye,

I've encounterd problems with the spawn range in RMEs Map Editor. Let's say I'm placing a 10 SQM big spawn, then I want the monsters to poff (dissapear) when they walk out of that area and it's not working. Instead they are chasing my character for 50 SQMs before or so, before they "poff"...

The only thing I can find is that the spawn size should work as a maximum walk range for the monsters, but as I said, it's not working... I can't find any other function or tag in the spawnfile either. So is there something else I need to do to make this work? Can it be set with lua or is it just a bug? I've also tried different sizes of the spawns.

Dist: TFS 0.2.15
Editor: RME 2.2 Client 9.83

Also tried with:
Dist: TFS 0.2.10
Editor: RME 2.2 Client 8.7 - Same problem as above.

Thanks,

/Blix

Last edited by a moderator:
If I understood you correctly then here's my answer; the spawn range does not configure when the monster(s) dissapear if they go outside of the red square-radius.
The spawn range in the map editor only allows you to place monsters within that radius.

The monster walk-range is in the config.lua I think
Lua:
-- Spawns
	deSpawnRange = 2
	deSpawnRadius = 50
	monsterSpawnWalkback = true
	allowBlockSpawn = true

Something like that I think?

If I understood you correctly then here's my answer; the spawn range does not configure when the monster(s) dissapear if they go outside of the red square-radius.
The spawn range in the map editor only allows you to place monsters within that radius.

The monster walk-range is in the config.lua I think
Lua:
-- Spawns
	deSpawnRange = 2
	deSpawnRadius = 50
	monsterSpawnWalkback = true
	allowBlockSpawn = true

Something like that I think?

Ah jesus, found it! Things that's so obvious often becomes hard to see... Thanks mate! Rep for you.

Back