• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Searching for Testers

venyix

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been working on a real map server for about the past month, I have secured a domain name, built a web application for the server and created a lot of custom scripts for the server. Our domain name is http://pyronia.net. I am in need of testers however, these people will be in charge of doing the following.
  • Trying out quests/spawns and checking for errors
  • Reporting all known and visible defects/bugs
  • Testing all four vocations from scratch
  • Testing new items and how balanced they are
  • Testing experience stages to see if exp gain is reasonable alongside skill/magic gain
May be some more things that I need these people to test and report to me on, but that will come in time. I will be offering all testers unobtainable items when the server moves into production. Also, some of the testers may be asked to become customer support or game masters, depending upon trustworthiness as well as ability to perform duties. Please reply to this thread if you are interested, bear in my mind that the website is still in development, but for the meantime most features work. My goal is to roll out this software by the end of next month, but I can only meet this timeline with dedicated testers. Testers with experience in scripting, MySQL, PHP, and working in a linux environment would be nice, but is not required.

Hi,
I might be able to help you out. I've earlier been a tester for multiple other servers aswell and have earlier been working pretty much with LUA Scripting and MySQL.
Whenever you need me, or if you need me - feel free to PM.

Hi,
I might be able to help you out. I've earlier been a tester for multiple other servers aswell and have earlier been working pretty much with LUA Scripting and MySQL.
Whenever you need me, or if you need me - feel free to PM.
You can go ahead and go to http://pyronia.net and create an account, then create a character, start tracking bugs and you can go ahead and message me and let me know any that you have found. Using !online you can see what character I am logged in, usually 'God Phillip'. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. The current server IP is 50.149.218.17 use this to connect to the server with w/e ip changer you use, keep in mind this server is being run locally so it will be slightly laggy until I move over to an amazon EC2 instance.

I'm currently testing your server with a Paladin (Alraze)

- The attack speed is way too low
- What's up with Aruda walking in the center of Thais on the streets?
- I start with a bow and spear, where is the arrow?!
- Whats up with the Orc Shaman north of thais gates (raid)?

I'm currently testing your server with a Paladin (Alraze)

- The attack speed is way too low
- What's up with Aruda walking in the center of Thais on the streets?
- I start with a bow and spear, where is the arrow?!
- Whats up with the Orc Shaman north of thais gates (raid)?
- No hp/mana refill when advancing to next level?
- Exura is very, very weak? (4hp?)
- Houses are overpriced (small shop, 21sqm 48k?)

Got the refill on my 8.6, maybe not by default.
The NPC is supposed to steal your cash when you talk to her (Official occupation) but now it just looks like an useless misplaced NPC.

Got the refill on my 8.6, maybe not by default.
The NPC is supposed to steal your cash when you talk to her (Official occupation) but now it just looks like an useless misplaced NPC.
Obviously not misplaced, but her walking distance.
The Mana and HP refill was introduced during 8.7,
Exura is not weak, atleast not as I've experienced it, it is stable actually. 1185 - 1212, that would say that you recieve as much as expected, sometimes more / less.
When it comes to attacking I would say it's pretty stable, yet I can agree with you who have played on servers that is more fast atk ones. However, I feel that it fits in, it's not slow nor fast - it's between slow and fast.
When joining a server (not those 99999x or 500x) - talking about those serious one, I want everything to be somewhere in the middle, because then we have a balance.

Besides of that there's some other things, but I just posted this to answer your post.

My goal is to create a server that is well balanced, hence the slow attack speed. Also, I have not noticed anything amiss with exura thus far, but I will pay more attention to it. Full HP/MANA is an easy enough script to incorporate into the server so that may be something I write. The problem with Aruda has been noted and will be fixed. I have not modified the house prices as of yet, but I will. The orc is due to a raid.

Thank you for taking the time though to join my server and test it out, I appreciate your time.

Thanks for doing something with my advice. It wasn't supposed to be rude, sorry for that. The exura only healed 4hp on level 9.

Thanks for doing something with my advice. It wasn't supposed to be rude, sorry for that. The exura only healed 4hp on level 9.
No problem, I do appreciate the help, I have fixed exura and exura gran so they are closer to healing what they should. Also Aruda now funtions properly, there are still more bugs to track down that I need to fix so if anyone else wishes to join feel free. Thanks for bugs reported thus far.

I might be able to test in your server if its still i progress/open, I just need some pictures of the upcoming server. :)

Back