• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Servercenter

What kind of Pricing would u accept?

• Total voters

tosse12

Panchira Project Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am here because I have to get some advice and ask a question about what kind of pricing you would accept to rent a Server.

First about the pricing - What for kind of price would you like to pay if you could choose a server (Windows Server 2008 or Linux) with 100GB storage and 100/100 bandwidth, with unlimited traffic - With daily backup (which is saved for one week currently) and uptime 24/7. - See the Poll for different pricing. Keep also as a note that this is a Company who have to get income and pay taxes so Free is not available answer. Also please, keep realistic sums.

Now to my question, I am currently have only one ISP, which makes my Servercenter quite risky because IF the ISP get some kind of data failure which will lead to lesser uptime. So my question are, what do I need to do to make sure that the second ISP shall share the network with my Servercenter. - The Idea I currently have are to have a network server who have three networks cards, 2 for the ISP's and 1 for the Servercenter - Could this be some kind of solution or does it exist an hardware which can do this kind of trick?

Many thanks in advance

Sincerely
Tosse

Edit:
An additional thing for the server - Free support.

Are you selling dedicated servers? Are you home hosting tibia servers for people? Are you really sure you can offer unlimited 100/100? I've seen a lot of hosting providers sell that for 1000$+. How much ram does a user get? Its hard to give you a price when you don't tell us exactly what we are getting. Id pay from 150-300$/mo for the right server if that helps..

Second question: I think you're asking in the wrong forum..

Second Question: Yeap, I recently got an answer from another forum, which will take some time to fix...

Anyways, I currently running a project with 3 servers. Each server got 20TB space, 8GB Ram and can handle 3 Virtual Servers which get 100GB Storage, 2GB RAM.
I have lent these servers to temporary "customers" who tests these server out for free. These customers used these servers as Minecraft servers, Conter-Strike 1.6/Source, TF2, Ventrilo, Murmur, TS3, Apache Servers, IIS, MySQL, FileZilla, these are the all kind of servers I can get in mind right now they have used.

About the unlimited offer (Maybe should say up to 100/100), here in Sweden, we do not have any (which I am aware of) ISP who limits the data traffic - and it does not say anthing about limits in my contract (I maybe should look it up with my ISP :p ).

I am asking this because I am soon receiving 2 new servers with 10TB and 16GB ram and multiply CPU spots - Which I have an thought to rent out. That's why I am asking what I should set my prices to.

Taken all that into consideration, I'd probably accept 60€/mo for those specs. That's a lot more expensive than what you're trying to sell for ^^

Red

Back