• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Setting up OTC and forgottenserver

Finnark

Reaction score
I am trying to get the forgotten server running on my PC and ive been following this tutorial
Setting up your first server | OTS Guide (https://docs.otland.net/ots-guide/running-your-first-ot-server/setting-up-your-first-server)
but every time i get to the point where i have to launch the exe, i get this error
Bash:
Compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ version 1930
Compiled on Jul  4 2022 16:40:52 for platform x64
Linked with LuaJIT 2.0.5 for Lua support

A server developed by The Forgotten Server Team
Visit our forum for updates, support, and resources: https://otland.net/.

>> Loading config
>> Loading RSA key
>> Establishing database connection...
MySQL Error Message: Plugin caching_sha2_password could not be loaded: The specified module could not be found. Library path is 'caching_sha2_password.dll'
[1m[38;2;220;020;060m> ERROR: Failed to connect to database.
[0m>> No services running. The server is NOT online.

Ive barely worked with sqls so i dont have much understanding of what the error is nor how to fix it, and one of the sites that gave me a solution ended up with me being denied access to the database itself and i had to restart from scratch. Can anyone who experienced similar or knows their way around this guide me on how to solve this problem?

P.S. The version im using for the server is 1.4.2 as i am required to use that particular version. i noticed that theres a slight difference in file contents than the tutorial which uses 1.2.0. Does that have anything to do with the error?

You open up "phpmyadmin" find the "user" that you have for your database (same one defined in your config.lua). Select it, and change its password type. There is caching_sha2_password, default and another option. I honestly don't remember off the top of my head which one you have to change it to, but just keep changing it until it works, there is only three options. It will require a new password being generated each time, which you will need to save in config.lua and your config.php for you webserver (AAC).

Once you have changed it to the correct acceptable password hash/scheme , you won't have anymore problems.

Back