• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Sha1 created by MAAC but plain created by server

sonny11

Reaction score
Ok, you may think this is nooby or whatever but..

When i create a account on modern aac, it gives the account in a sha1 hash code.
In my config.lua i have
Code:
passwordType = "sha1"

Initially, the account manager had the password in plain "1". I could log on the server and create an account, the account would also be saved in plain..

when i converted the account manager password to SHA1, "356a192b7913b04c54574d18c28d46e6395428ab", it does not work at all.

In config.lua it is always saved under sha1, and i have tried to restart my server many times, with no solution :/

how u converted the password? Use

UPDATE accounts SET password=SHA1(password) WHERE id = 1;

Use on plain passwords. If u want make a new password change the password to plain and execute the query

yes, when i do that, i can log into my account on the website but not in-game.

i dont understand why it doesn't let me login game because the passwordtype is set as "sha1"

You guys are completely misunderstanding me... I DO UNDERSTAND about it being encrypted.
Just THE OT SERVER IS CONFIGURED TO USE SHA1 BUT IT IS STILL USING PLAIN PASSWORDS.
YES, I HAVE CONVERTED THE PASSWORDS OF ALL THE ACCOUNTS TO SHA1...
I hope i have made it abit more clearer...

EDIT: Okay, not going to lie, but the support that i just got was shockingly bad. it seemed like you guys didn't even bother reading my post.

Well, i fixed it, all i had to do was change
Code:
passwordType = "sha1"
to
Code:
encryptionType = "sha1"

Last edited:
Back