• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Solved] Can you delete

domyno2837

Reaction score
Hello OTLand, :)

My request are or anyone can give me a Instruction for adding a higher
Fast attack as 1 per Second. I mean always then when Player stand still too.

And my Second question for that is or The Engine is going Crash Maybe with fast Attacke?
It would be really nice when anyone can help me for that :)

Thanks for everyone that take The Time to help me :)

Your,
Domy

isn't you tryed it with tfs 1.0? When the Player dont Move then 1 hit all 2 seconds.. thats not what i want :p

i asked for edit fast attack WITH EDIT ENGINE.. so vocation.xml edit is not the engine :)

He would like a script that makes the player attack every 1 second if the character is standing still as the character focuses more standing still then "running/moving". While moving, the attack speed should stay at the normal 2 seconds.

It might not be important and people might not get it, by from a development aspect its all about gameplay, from the player aspect its about making an active choise, hit twice as fast while standing still or move and hit "normaly".

I love the idea as well and im afraid its not possible as similar requests has been asked for faster attack speed from a spell alot. It might work using a creatureevent but I don't think so as Printer, forgee and other awesome people haven't come with the solution except possibly "source edits".

You might be able (atleast in my mind uhm) to create a script that gives the player a skill bonus/hit bonus when not moving each 2 sec if you have a target and therefor give the same effect according to damage dealt, however, attack speed is ofcourse way cooler but will probably be hard.

Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Edit: Experts and nice people will help you if the can and want, but writing "fail" and such in that attitude will get you nowhere. Always remember: They help you if they want to, not because they have to, you are the one in need of help not vice-verca, they therefor got the upper hand. A lesson for life.

@EldinWorld
Not sure if that is what he is refering to. It rather sounds like a attack speed issue in 1.0 which would only check if the player can attack again after either 2 seconds or when moving, thus making attacks slower when standing still, but I cannot tell from his phrasing.

@domyno2837
Have fun finding someone to help you with that attitude.
Some people apologize for their bad English, some are just disrespectful. You belong to the latter.

You have to go into the source files, open creature.h and change #define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 1000 to #define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 200 <--or whatever you want the attack speed to be. Then re-compile your server. This will change how fast you can hit without moving of spam clicking.

As a reminder, the lower the number you change it to the faster creatures can read actions...so if you change it from 1000 to 1 and have 50 people online, all spamming spells on monsters it could cause the server to lag

Thanks! So that was what i mean.. when i change that style of attacking i thing server getting lags with more players online :/

Edit:
Its possible to change that?

change.jpg

Last edited:
You have to go into the source files, open creature.h and change #define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 1000 to #define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 200 <--or whatever you want the attack speed to be. Then re-compile your server. This will change how fast you can hit without moving of spam clicking.

As a reminder, the lower the number you change it to the faster creatures can read actions...so if you change it from 1000 to 1 and have 50 people online, all spamming spells on monsters it could cause the server to lag

sorry my friend i did that and get more faster attack but i need it more than that like high exp ots
even i made this interval 10 and at vocations.xml attackspeed="1"
but i need it more faster specially with two vocations
i am trying to make madness 8.6 ot i have cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2 Source
any help please !!??

sorry my friend i did that and get more faster attack but i need it more than that like high exp ots
even i made this interval 10 and at vocations.xml attackspeed="1"
but i need it more faster specially with two vocations
i am trying to make madness 8.6 ot i have cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2 Source
any help please !!??
then change the interval to 50

you mean that 50 will be more faster than 10 !! how it comes ?
when did i ever say that?
changing it to 10 will make your players attack 100 times every second which is way overkill
you have to set the attackspeed in the interval that you made
you cant use 1 because you used 10, meaning you can only use 0, 10, 20, etc
also, you did recompile right? you can't just change a file and save it and expect it to work

when did i ever say that?
changing it to 10 will make your players attack 100 times every second which is way overkill
you have to set the attackspeed in the interval that you made
you cant use 1 because you used 10, meaning you can only use 0, 10, 20, etc
also, you did recompile right? you can't just change a file and save it and expect it to work
no i did recompile but i need to make all players get fast attack but not the same speed for all vocations
so you mean that i have to set attackspeed in the interval = 50 and in vocations what numbers i have to use to make players get more speed with every promotion
i want it like madnessalive ot if you know it !!

no i did recompile but i need to make all players get fast attack but not the same speed for all vocations
so you mean that i have to set attackspeed in the interval = 50 and in vocations what numbers i have to use to make players get more speed with every promotion
i want it like madnessalive ot if you know it !!
as i said you have to use the intervals you set
if you put it to 50 you have to use attack speed as intervals of 50

Back