• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved SOLVED - Problem with editing password in MySQL database!

DonHagman

Chill'Reward2014
Reaction score
Hello!

I have some serious problems using MySQL (by Xampp) when starting up.
I've been searching around alot, but I can't really find the issue..

I have choosen an password at http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php , but it do feels like there is something missing at the site...?
This is how it looks for me:

I have also changed in my config.lua, and this is how it look:
-
sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = "XXXX"
sqlDatabase = "Otserv"
sqlFile = ""
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "plain"

--------------------------------------------------------

When starting up I get this error:
-
https://imgur.com/3Ko6WBH

At localhost/phpmyadmin I also can see that it's something wrong about my password, since it tells me that I have to choose one. (What I already thought I've done already?!)

This is what it says:
-
"Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond MySQL privileged standardkonto.Din MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user 'root' ."

I've tried to set an password at config.inc.lua in the xampp/phpmyadmin folder. It didn't solve the problem so I changed it back to how it was before.

This is how it look:
-
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;
$cfg['Lang'] = '';

I really can't figure out the problem, but at the same time I feel it might be just a small simple problem. But I Can't find it!

Is it anyone out there that might help me with this? If there's something missing or what else the problem might be.

Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Hagman

You need to set the password in XAMPP htdocs. Type the password in first box. Then refresh this page and type password in second box and then save. For make sure visit XAMPP Security page and check the status.

First set the passwords in XAMPP security
Code:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'PASSWORDFROMXAMPP';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true; //try to change to false maybe if that will not help
$cfg['Lang'] = '';

Last edited:
You need to set the password in XAMPP htdocs. Type the password in first box. Then refresh this page and type password in second box and then save. For make sure visit XAMPP Security page and check the status.

First set the passwords in XAMPP security
Code:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'PASSWORDFROMXAMPP';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true; //try to change to false maybe if that will not help
$cfg['Lang'] = '';

Hello again.

I am a little bit confused about all this.. What do you mean by changing the password in first and second boxes?
I would really appriciate if you or anyone else could please help me out with this!

Thanks!

The problem is solved. If anyone else get the same trouble, I was using this command to change the password correctly.

UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('MyNewPass') WHERE User='root';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Last edited:
Back