• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Some problems I have with RME, help please

orvar999

Reaction score
I have stumbled upon some problem regarding my RME.
For example when using grass with borders or lava or anything that comes with a border it works. But there is more things that i would like to use as a border for example pavement, I can only find it in raw.
56.JPGpavement.JPG

I'm also missing glowing switches in game
5.JPGglow.JPG

I'm missing this with borders, can only find it in raw, and when i take pieces from raw, there is no corner piece
wood.JPG

and last I can not walk over a log, using it as a bridge.

looking forward for some guidance/help!

Thanks guys! :)

As far as the second issue goes (glowing switches) are you sure that all the files are from the same tibia client version?

As far as the second issue goes (glowing switches) are you sure that all the files are from the same tibia client version?

Hmm I'm not sure, I will try to find out if they are or maybe just replace my items in the ot server map to the ones in RME?

Still appreciate if someone could help me with the other ones!

oh I had this problem a few years ago, its the distro your using. Sometimes I would have the server up and randomly walls would appear in depot. I forgot how I fixed it but I know it has something to do with the distro your using. I also noticed that when players weren't in a certain place on the map and it would refresh that it would also happen. So maybe change the clean map to a longer time and it will happen less :p

Pavement borders: ID 10417-10428 in others. If you have problems with finding certain items/sprites, you can also use: Edit, Jump to Brush or press J. Then write the id or name of the item you are looking for.
Use the items.otb and items.xml from your server in Remere to solve the problem with the walls or other items that change to different items ingame.
The wooden railing corner is ID 5521 in others. Also This can be found with using Jump to Brush with looking for the name incase you forget the id.

Pavement borders: ID 10417-10428 in others. If you have problems with finding certain items/sprites, you can also use: Edit, Jump to Brush or press J. Then write the id or name of the item you are looking for.
Use the items.otb and items.xml from your server in Remere to solve the problem with the walls or other items that change to different items ingame.
The wooden railing corner is ID 5521 in others. Also This can be found with using Jump to Brush with looking for the name incase you forget the id.

Thanks for the help, I replaced my items.otb and items.txt file in RME to the same that I had on my data/items folder. But now I have gotten an error message in my RME "you need to update your items.otb"

Any thoughts?

If it doesn't give any problems to the map, like being unable to load after saving it, then it's no problem. Else you can also try to use use the items.otb and xml from your remere in your server.

If it doesn't give any problems to the map, like being unable to load after saving it, then it's no problem. Else you can also try to use use the items.otb and xml from your remere in your server.

There was no real error so I think, I also tried to use the items.otb and xml from my RME in my server but then I got lots of loading errors when starting the server, like duplicate item "femaleslepper" or something weird ;s not sure how I will fix this one, maybe I will just use it as before and not using glowing switches or something..

Do you know how to get more available brushes into my rme?

If it doesn't give problems to the map, you can just use the items.otb from your server in Remere (items.xml is for the right names for the items).
If you get errors from the items.xml if you add the remere item files in your server, this can be easy solved by looking for the items, for example duplicated items means they are added more then 1x, so remove 1 of them if they are added 2x.

About the brushes, not sure what you are looking for exactly, but you can to look for extensions.
http://otland.net/f57/rme-custom-extensions-163337/
http://otland.net/f57/rme-lot-new-brushes-extensions-terrain-doodad-94614/

Last edited:

I'm having this issue. Whenever I load up the map, and save it at all (even without editing anything on it) the server won't load up. It stops when it's supposed to load the map and says it couldn't determine map format! exiting2

Back