• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spawn Time

Lifer420

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
I have a question. I have certain monsters on my server that I want to spawn once every, let's say, 4 hours. In the map editor the most spawn time you can do is 3600 which is 1 hour. For me to make it spawn in 4 hours instead of one, would I just edit the file in my "blah-spawn.xml" and change the 3600? Or can it not go any higher than 3600?

change the one that is in your spawn.xml already, just change the delay and save

I'm using tfs 0.4 dev 3884, the spawn is diff.

<spawn centerx 1000 centery 1000 centerz 7 radius="1">
<monster name="XXXXX" x="1" y=. Z=" spawntime="60"/>

But if I change the spawn time to more than an hour will it actually do it at that time or max out at an hour?

probably do it as specified unless your load and save ur map again, so the mapeditor will cap it to 1 hour again so watch out!

The maximum spawn time is 2 hours actually. 30 spawntime is 60 seconds, which is 1 minute. 3600 spawntime is 2 hours.

Back