• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spell casted like a rune

Erexo

Kage
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Erexo
So Im looking for someone who can help me with modyfy tfs 0.3.6pl1 (8.54) source to add new spell type.
When you call a spell (write sentence in chat), crosshair appears just like you were using rune, and after cast at specific destination it do script and consume mana.
Basically its casting a rune but without a rune.

At first it seems not so hard, but as far I was trying to do that I went so deep into source that I finished confused and left.
Someone could help me or atleast guide me how should I do what I need ?

Greetings,
Erexo.

The cross hairs appears when the user interacts with an object, it is a client side issue, presently I don't think there is any function to call that can execute this action without a source edit.

Unless you create an additional interface that utilizes the functionality of an onUse as an onSay or onCastSpell it doesn't seem likely to work using existing functionality.

Edit: I must have dyslexia, always writing shit backwards :p

Last edited:
This may or may not be useful.. But you could make multiple talkactions that changes a single storage value from 1 go 2 to 3 to 1 to 4 to 6 to 5 to 2 to 1..et cetera.. Just change it around.. Then choose a single rune, and script it to check for the storage value.. and execute the different spells. :p Just a possible work-around

This may or may not be useful.. But you could make multiple talkactions that changes a single storage value from 1 go 2 to 3 to 1 to 4 to 6 to 5 to 2 to 1..et cetera.. Just change it around.. Then choose a single rune, and script it to check for the storage value.. and execute the different spells. :p Just a possible work-around
Every suggestion is useful

Every suggestion is useful
Just thought it was pretty good.. cuz they could click on the rune, cast the talkaction, then click right away. The actionscript doesn't execute until the itemEx has been performed, So they could change the spell multiple times if they wanted/needed to.

Back
Top Bottom