• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Pokémon, custom client

Thank you guys, I've added all complaints to a todo-list. And remember that the official start date of the server is on Valentine's day, which means there are some balancing and fixing work still there to do. All reasonable complaints are added to the todo-list, however, there is lack of time at the moment.

If the server is laggy it shouldn't be our connection, I'm sorry for the lag..

I doubt is a "connection" issue, dont know if you are using a dedicated host but the problem is probably because of distance. Distance is the biggest factor that causes lag. Ownpr is right US/LA pokemon tibia community is much bigger than the european community. I am on NA and yeah is laggy. The server needs a lot of improvements and the map is the map is from pokexgames gen 2 but a little bit more modified.

Now after playing abit i saw that the XP (500k for a level) isnt actually THAT much.
Also now the pokemon seem to scale properly HPwise (U gotta call them into pokemon and then let em out again to see the new hp stat)

Also get in contact with me, i tried posting on the forum but it doesnt work :|

Also the most important thing you should fix right now is the cooldown bug while pokemon are in the pokeball

I think the exp is quite good, or at least I hope so. However, meanwhile you start to manage to kill better pokémon, the exp gained per hour will increase. There are still some balancing of experience per level of pokémons needed. Which I'm glad to have things reported to me.
I'm sorry about that you need to re-withdraw your pokémon from your pokéball. The HPstat isn't possible to update without re-withdrawing your pokémon or re-log. The reason is because of the Tibia client. To fix that we need to add the OTClient to a custom client of ours.

Cooldown bug is added to the todo-list. I'll have a look on it this evening.

I doubt is a "connection" issue, dont know if you are using a dedicated host but the problem is probably because of distance. Distance is the biggest factor that causes lag. Ownpr is right US/LA pokemon tibia community is much bigger than the european community. I am on NA and yeah is laggy. The server needs a lot of improvements and the map is the map is from pokexgames gen 2 but a little bit more modified.

Yeah, with distance comes higher latency, however, playing Tibia doesn't require very low latency. My latency to servers around the continent South America is around 200-250 ms, and if the player have a decent connection the latency shouldn't increase to much. In my opinion Tibia is playable around 500 ms, it's notable lag, but still playable. In addition, we're working on the server on our leisure time, so some changes on some days may take a little longer to update than other days.

I think the exp is quite good, or at least I hope so. However, meanwhile you start to manage to kill better pokémon, the exp gained per hour will increase. There are still some balancing of experience per level of pokémons needed. Which I'm glad to have things reported to me.
I'm sorry about that you need to re-withdraw your pokémon from your pokéball. The HPstat isn't possible to update without re-withdrawing your pokémon or re-log. The reason is because of the Tibia client. To fix that we need to add the OTClient to a custom client of ours.

i think the problem with the hp stat is the hp base it cant be possible that pokemon lvl 35 have the same hp base than pokemons lvl 80 like i say starmie and rhydon if you see on gba games hp stat for starmie is 60 than for rhydon is 105
how in this game starmie can have the same hp and both are the same lvl (0) without boost

The server needs a lot of improvements and the map is the map is from pokexgames gen 2 but a little bit more modified.

about the map i think its exaioros gen 2

Yeah, with distance comes higher latency, however, playing Tibia doesn't require very low latency. My latency to servers around the continent South America is around 200-250 ms, and if the player have a decent connection the latency shouldn't increase to much. In my opinion Tibia is playable around 500 ms, it's notable lag, but still playable. In addition, we're working on the server on our leisure time, so some changes on some days may take a little longer to update than other days.

You are kidding right? Tibia does not require low latency like a shooter game or an online fighting game but after 100-150 it is not as smooth as it must be. In tibia 150+ is laggy, 200+ is way laggier and 300 is unplayable. you must have a lot of patience to play with 300+ latency in tibia. lol This just shows how ignorant you are(in networking atleast)

i have 270 ms to this server and i lag

LOL again at this "Tibia is playable around 500 ms, it's notable lag"

Last edited:
You are kidding right? Tibia does not require low latency like a shooter game or an online fighting game but after 100-150 it is not as smooth as it must be. In tibia 150+ is laggy, 200+ is way laggier and 300 is unplayable. you must have a lot of patience to play with 300+ latency in tibia. lol This just shows how ignorant you are(in networking atleast)

i have 270 ms to this server and i lag

LOL again at this "Tibia is playable around 500 ms, it's notable lag"

@8408323 threw away $200k of my MIT career down the drain with that statement. I would recommend people staying away from this server. This server is based on an old ripoff of pokemon online (pokexgames), the developer just responds politely to opinions but he does not care and before this game is playable at all he needs to get a team and fix everything that is wrong right now.

about the map i think its exaioros gen 2

Exa, like all the other pokemon tibia servers is actually based on an old leak of pokexgames, including the map.

Well, once before I upgraded my network I had like 500 ms to the real Tibia, and it's playable, I never said it were smooth.

This thread is more about bashing 8408323 then the game lol But, I did play it and it does have a lot of bugs and problems which make it pretty much unplayable. I highly enjoy pokemon OTs and would love to see it get fixed up (at least the major bugs that are everywhere) before trying it again.

Well, once before I upgraded my network I had like 500 ms to the real Tibia, and it's playable, I never said it were smooth.

Ill ask again you are kidding right? with 300 is annoying with 500ms it must be absurdly annoying. The point is is that most people wont play in a laggy server with 250 or 300 of ping and that is what every player from the US is getting. If there a bigger group of people on the us or latin america then you should switch host. Either way ping is secondry with a old copycat of pokemon online and all those bugs you wont get player.

500 ms is 500 milliseconds that is the time that it takes your computer to send and receive infomation.

1 millisecond = a x 10-3 seconds
500ms x 10-3 = .5 seconds

It takes half a second to send a receive any kind of data packets. In tibia half a second is equivalent to any monster combo and you dont noticing a second after you need to heal. Equals to a PK sding you while you try to run and heal yourself probably stopping each second because your information packets havent arrive.

So yeah tibia at 500ms is not playable in tibia 100ms or more is a disadvantage. Most people wont play in a server with 300 and in some cases players wont even play with 150... If you want players you need to get an strategic host, not the one near your house.

and yeah fix the annoying bugs first.

Last edited:
Okay, well, I know that 500 ms is half a second. I played real Tibia with a latency of around 500 ms, and you learn shortcuts to play with the lag, to send as few packages as possible to the server. Instead of moving with the key arrows you could use the mouse and send one package by moving there. So by experience I know it's possible. But it's still notable lag. I never said it were lag free.. However, I agree with you that latency underneath 100 ms is an advantage. At least to begin with the plan is still to host in Sweden, and maybe later move the server hosting elsewhere. Still the connection to Europe is good, for all European players.

A new update to the server has been released, and there is more to come.

Code:
Chnagelog. Patch 0.1.0

-- Increased catch rate to 5 times more.
-- Increased HP of Ryhorn, Rydon, Gravler, Golem, Onix, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Marowak, Koffing, Weezing, Chansey, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Seaking, Magikarp, Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres.
-- 3 times more HP of Shiny Pokémons compared with none Shiny Pokémons.
-- Changed headbutt levels to be the same as fishing. (list will be published later of possible pokemons).
-- Added cooldown of attacks while pokemon is inside the pokeball, tough it doesn't regenerate as fast as if it would be summoned (on purpose).
-- Added a stone seller, located at the outskirt of Cerulean, (the west entrace).
-- Adjusted the pirces of Dr. Evo.
-- Removed some starting Pokemons from the Pokemon Collector npc.
-- Added four evolutions to Eevee, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon and Glaceon.

A new update to the server has been released, and there is more to come.

Code:
Chnagelog. Patch 0.1.0

-- Increased catch rate to 5 times more.
-- Increased HP of Ryhorn, Rydon, Gravler, Golem, Onix, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Marowak, Koffing, Weezing, Chansey, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Seaking, Magikarp, Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres.
-- 3 times more HP of Shiny Pokémons compared with none Shiny Pokémons.
-- Changed headbutt levels to be the same as fishing. (list will be published later of possible pokemons).
-- Added cooldown of attacks while pokemon is inside the pokeball, tough it doesn't regenerate as fast as if it would be summoned (on purpose).
-- Added a stone seller, located at the outskirt of Cerulean, (the west entrace).
-- Adjusted the pirces of Dr. Evo.
-- Removed some starting Pokemons from the Pokemon Collector npc.
-- Added four evolutions to Eevee, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon and Glaceon.

Thank you for the update, this is awesome :D

5x more catchrate is way too high, it was okay as it was, it was just that >some< pokemon were too hard to catch, like seedot among others (Starter poke of shiftry) (catchrate was 7500 which made it nigh impossible to catch BUT i think a catchrate of ~6000 is okay for its last evolution since it should be hard to get), it was okay for higer level pokes to have a very low chance to catch them, this makes it so people train and evolve theyr pokemon instead of just hunting and getting pokes that way instead of just catching all evolutions.

Normal catchrate was 3x, he made it 5x, so it isnt that much higher xD
Well, it should be set back to 3x and the catchrates should be redone :p

Also headbutting takes alot of time because of the cooldown and the regrow rate so it should be easier to level up.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update, this is awesome :D

5x more catchrate is way too high, it was okay as it was, it was just that >some< pokemon were too hard to catch, like seedot among others (Starter poke of shiftry) (catchrate was 7500 which made it nigh impossible to catch BUT i think a catchrate of ~6000 is okay for its last evolution since it should be hard to get), it was okay for higer level pokes to have a very low chance to catch them, this makes it so people train and evolve theyr pokemon instead of just hunting and getting pokes that way instead of just catching all evolutions.

Normal catchrate was 3x, he made it 5x, so it isnt that much higher xD
Well, it should be set back to 3x and the catchrates should be redone :p

Also headbutting takes alot of time because of the cooldown and the regrow rate so it should be easier to level up.

Thanks!

Okay, I will rework those pokemons, and change back the catchrate to 3 times normal catchrate, instead of 5 times.

The headbutting is already in the todo-list. Though I'm not sure exactly why the pokemons sometimes doesn't follow the order, and instead the're moving around, I hope it's something with the cooldown.. Otherwise I'll check that out as well..

Some small fixes:

Code:
-- Reduced the catchrate to 3x, instead of 5x.
-- Fixed the command "!online".
-- Fixed the Pokemon Collector NPC.
-- Changed prices of the stone seller/buyer NPC.

pokemons doesnt have passive movements? and the prices are still the same on stone seller/buyer

Back