• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Pokémon, custom client

Been playing some hours on your server, and I'm pretty satisfied.

This lagg that people are taking about is absence for me atleast, I do not lagg at all.

/Cato

Been playing some hours on your server, and I'm pretty satisfied.

This lagg that people are taking about is absence for me atleast, I do not lagg at all.

/Cato

i do a lot of lagyou must be pretty close to the server :( for a test server it seemed nice is a shame he hasnt fixed the big stuff yet

Yeah ive got no lags either and im from Canada east coast.

My only concern is the exp curves it seems like the only to play is get levels and catch poke that are good at base evolution levels. Cause most of the poke are just impossible to level up.

Say Metapod,3 move,hitting 60s..need to level from like 20 to 60? NO WAY. You can basically just kill rattata and zubat which gives you maybe 200exp and then you have to go back to town every 1 or 2 lol.

And that's just an example I could go on and on and on with poke names. Be great if monster add some sort of base evo lvl + (x) boost which makes them gives more exp maybe? Would make more sense to me anyway.

Yeah ive got no lags either and im from Canada east coast.

My only concern is the exp curves it seems like the only to play is get levels and catch poke that are good at base evolution levels. Cause most of the poke are just impossible to level up.

Say Metapod,3 move,hitting 60s..need to level from like 20 to 60? NO WAY. You can basically just kill rattata and zubat which gives you maybe 200exp and then you have to go back to town every 1 or 2 lol.

And that's just an example I could go on and on and on with poke names. Be great if monster add some sort of base evo lvl + (x) boost which makes them gives more exp maybe? Would make more sense to me anyway.

100% agree with him on leveling pokemon, so many of them are messed up horribly. Like lets look at Mudkip (a starter) as my example. Firstly the pokedex does not work on it, it wont bring it up so I can see any information about it, and when I click evolve it tells me I need to get to to stage 78. It is a starter and needs stage 78? What does it's third stage take if that's the case? Now it being a weak starter, it's going to take forever killing zubats and rattatas to level it up also just as Deadbringer stated.

Leveling them just needs to be easier.

100% agree with him on leveling pokemon, so many of them are messed up horribly. Like lets look at Mudkip (a starter) as my example. Firstly the pokedex does not work on it, it wont bring it up so I can see any information about it, and when I click evolve it tells me I need to get to to stage 78. It is a starter and needs stage 78? What does it's third stage take if that's the case? Now it being a weak starter, it's going to take forever killing zubats and rattatas to level it up also just as Deadbringer stated.

Leveling them just needs to be easier.
Yeah,my Treecko is same man...he needs like lvl90 to evolve which is fucking stupid.

I quit just because of the bad exp progression. Beside that the feeling was good the dmg seems ok but I just cant see myself using only 2-3 pokemon just because you cant exp.

the stages are based on the lvl to use the pokemon and the level to use the evolve form like
mudkid can be use at lvl 7
and marshtomp can be use at lvl 85
so u need 78 lvl to evolve it
but yeah the exp curves need some improvements

Yeah,my Treecko is same man...he needs like lvl90 to evolve which is fucking stupid.
the stages are based on the lvl to use the pokemon and the level to use the evolve form like
mudkid can be use at lvl 7
and marshtomp can be use at lvl 85
so u need 78 lvl to evolve it
but yeah the exp curves need some improvements
Yeah but it make no sense lol...Seriously who cares about the bae lvl need to use something. So for example I need to use my treecko for 70lvl,hunting only rattata with stupid move because its the way it is? I get how the system works but its a bad design.

Haha @Deadbringer come play :p ive been on this messing around lol..
Dont mind my name lmfao.
Code:
Tampex 40 Trainer Saffron 08 February 2015 (17:59) offline visible

Boost works different depending on which type of pokémon it is.

Underneath in the spolier, depending on which type of Pokémon it is, it will have a different mult.
Leaf = 3
Water = 4
Venom = 2
Thunder = 5
Rock = 3
Punch = 5
Fire = 4
Cocoon = 2
Crystal = 25
Darkness = 5
Earth = 5
Enigma = 5
Heart = 3
Ice = 4

Underneath there is a formula where you can plug in all information.

Code:
required_stones =math.floor(boost/mult)+1

Example: Pokemon: Abra --> Enigma --> mult = 5, Boost = 5 (next boost = 5, now it's currently 4).
Code:
required_stones = math.floor(5/5)+1 = 2
Thus, you need 2 stones to boost an Abra from 4 to 5.

The Exp curve is re-worked at this moment, and will take place after this message has been posted. I would like to know your thoughts about this new curve. Is it to fast, or still unbalanced with the perspective on your Pokémon's level?

Sorry for this late reply guys..

Kind regards,

Last edited:
A thing I have found rather annoying is that for example clefairy, if you are lete say level 50, and you evolve it. "It gets weaker" because now you are too low level to use the moves you could use before you evolved it.

What I am saying is that the old moves should be same level to use, new moves can be some levels ahead.

Other than that, I'm still enjoying the server :)

Sorry, the server had a crash. Unkown what caused the crash yet. It should be up again now.

A thing I have found rather annoying is that for example clefairy, if you are lete say level 50, and you evolve it. "It gets weaker" because now you are too low level to use the moves you could use before you evolved it.

What I am saying is that the old moves should be same level to use, new moves can be some levels ahead.

Other than that, I'm still enjoying the server :)

I agree with you, will try to rework that until the official opeing on Saturday. :)

Sorry, the server had a crash. Unkown what caused the crash yet. It should be up again now.

I agree with you, will try to rework that until the official opeing on Saturday. :)

Official opening? Really??? I mean really? What about fixing the leveling curve, pokemon attacks and adding passives and balance to pokemon battles?Fixing the bugs and quests? Testing the rates? I give up this server the owner is dumb.

Official opening? Really??? I mean really? What about fixing the leveling curve, pokemon attacks and adding passives and balance to pokemon battles?Fixing the bugs and quests? Testing the rates? I give up this server the owner is dumb.

i am sure he means beta

ill give it it a try if it has test server rates and it resets :)

it seems to me that you increase the exp for players too its nice but you still need to improve the curve for pokemons

Back