• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
phasewalk is broken
my char is attacks a phase, even if my fist ain't on
plus, i can't kill it

Multiple suggestions

SUGGESTIONS!

Spells:
  • Shadow dance damage boost by 50%, as living flame does more damage and is AOE.
  • Ricochet damage decrease, as it is the most damaging spell ingame atm.
  • Recall house should recall a player a player co-owns a house.
  • Phasewalk bug where you're forced to attack a phase, even though your fist is off.
  • Assassinate soul cost decrease by 2.
  • Creeping death damage decrease.
  • Divine aura MASSIVE effectiveness decrease, its extremely overpowered.... i don't even need to explain it -_-

Other suggestions:
  • Conman effectiveness increase from 3% to 5%.
  • REMOVALof mindblast, since now all PVP is, is -Wait for mindblast. -Go 1 hit people.
  • Expertise effectiveness increase from 6% to 10%.
  • Vampric touch applies to spell damage aswell.
  • Food effectiveness increase by 100%, it used to be around 300 hp/mana (600) per second, now its 80 hp/mana (160) per sec, it should be around 150 hp/mana (300) per sec.
  • Capacity increase by 15%.

PS: i hope i didn't waste my time suggesting these, please try to get to doing them, xagul.

Sorry I have been inactive, I took a day or so to reflect on a few things and take a small break. Played some minecraft with a friend and then got lost in minecraft for much longer than anticipated. I am a sucker for sandbox games and feed the beast minecraft mod was just too much temptation lol. :D

I will start back on the jungle tomorrow and get some things fixed, just need to catch up on the bug reports for now :)

Sorry I have been inactive, I took a day or so to reflect on a few things and take a small break. Played some minecraft with a friend and then got lost in minecraft for much longer than anticipated. I am a sucker for sandbox games and feed the beast minecraft mod was just too much temptation lol. :D

I will start back on the jungle tomorrow and get some things fixed, just need to catch up on the bug reports for now :)
:p posted my suggestions post 1 min before you posted ur comeback post
please try and get to some of my suggestions

I think it's pretty obvious that the PvP damage has fallen way out of whack.. shadow mages hit 500 pvp with creeping death at level 1, without significantly high magic power. You say level is no longer a big factor in damage, however Manfredi hits 2k pvp with against benji while he's full defense and iron skin (I too have 1k ranged power and 10 perks in mindblast and i hit nowhere near that with my level 18 boomerang)
Two suggestions, both equally sensible.
1.) Change pvp damage back to the way it was, because players now are as strong if not stronger than they were last era
2.) Adjust power strengthening perks to a 'non pvp' mode and allow other perks as 'pvp mode'

PVP PERKS (Also work with non PvP)
Vampiric Touch
Soul Siphoning
Divinity
Clotting
Agility
Precision
Willpower
Resiliance
Physician
Conman

NON PVP (Will NOT work during PvP)
Expertise
Technique
Intuition (Obviously)
Prosperity (Equally obvious)
Mindblast
Uncontrollable Rage
Artisan (Still obvious)

- - - Updated - - -

SUGGESTIONS!

Spells:
  • Shadow dance damage boost by 50%, as living flame does more damage and is AOE.
  • Ricochet damage decrease, as it is the most damaging spell ingame atm.
  • Recall house should recall a player a player co-owns a house.
  • Phasewalk bug where you're forced to attack a phase, even though your fist is off.
  • Assassinate soul cost decrease by 2.
  • Creeping death damage decrease.
  • Divine aura MASSIVE effectiveness decrease, its extremely overpowered.... i don't even need to explain it -_-

Other suggestions:
  • Conman effectiveness increase from 3% to 5%.
  • REMOVALof mindblast, since now all PVP is, is -Wait for mindblast. -Go 1 hit people.
  • Expertise effectiveness increase from 6% to 10%.
  • Vampric touch applies to spell damage aswell.
  • Food effectiveness increase by 100%, it used to be around 300 hp/mana (600) per second, now its 80 hp/mana (160) per sec, it should be around 150 hp/mana (300) per sec.
  • Capacity increase by 15%.

PS: i hope i didn't waste my time suggesting these, please try to get to doing them, xagul.

I disagree with just about everything here except vampiric touch and creeping death.

mmm I'm just wondering is it necessary for stats to give so much dmg and for armor to give so much protection? It was mentioned that we haven't even made it to the half way point of tiers so how strong will the next tiers be? Perhaps newer tiers will fix imbalances and we just need to wait for the jungle. There is something wrong probably due to the huge level gaps but I think that could be an easy fix if additional dmg from levels was removed. I like to read the ideas but then I also dread the list of changes that will be added at once without proper testing. Looking forward to new content will log on for that.

hmm u wanna change all thats shits coz u are shadow/melee so rly better think living flame isnt same shit like shadow assault -.- its like slice and dice-.- u are rly brainless if u think shadow sux then go range-.-

Lol, this idiot thinks phasewalk is broken because his dumb ass has his auto target on and it tries to attack what it thinks is a monster. Instead of being a little bitch how about you just add it to your bot for don't attack? OMG shit's so hard!

Recall for co-owners? My god, I see why no one replied to this shit, you're a brainless motherfucker. And if someone is co-owner of half the city or better yet they own their own house? Next thing you know people will be marrying donkeys. The rest of your suggestions are dumb as fuck. PvP is broken, not the spells (besides the obvious creeping death). How about instead of crying about what you don't like (waa I'm a fucking idiot who doesn't understand auto target) how about make some legitimate suggestions that don't involve saying one spell is better than another. Boo fucking hoo, my ice strike is weaker that soul fire. Fix it gee emm!

Edit: Oh and fuck you for even suggesting some shit in regards to conman. That shit is as high as it EVER should/will be, learn math fuckass. It decreases prices buying AND increases prices selling. Fuck you're a moron.
i've already talked to shawn about it, and it turns out it was broken...
also, please, don't blabber your mouth on a subject if you're completely ignorant of it.

i obviously meant if he was a co-owner to one house only.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm u wanna change all thats shits coz u are shadow/melee so rly better think living flame isnt same shit like shadow assault -.- its like slice and dice-.- u are rly brainless if u think shadow sux then go range-.-

Living flame is a toggle/sustained spell. (Shadow assault is a one cast spell, i don't know what the hell you're talking about, i was talking about shadow dance, not assault.)

• Living flame soul cost is equal to that of Shadow Dance.
  • Living flame's damage is much higher than that of Shadow Dance. (even though they have the same soulcost ^)
  • Living flame is AOE, and Shadow dance is single target. (its like having thunderstorm doing higher single target damage than soulfire)

Also, i don't think shadow sucks, i just think certain buffs and nerfs are needed to rebalance the vocs.

Last edited:
Ok so after doing some dps tests here is a list of my results. I only tested the most popular spells, mostly because they are the bread and butter abilities that do not cost massive amounts of soul and are thus semi-sustainable. Everything was tested with equivalent power, level, spell level, and attack (for weapons). No perks were used in this test, this is meant to see where each "role" currently stands without buffs in any given area.

Role: Magic
Creeping Death + Shadow Armor = 3,500 dps
Arcane Missiles + Mage Armor = 3,000 dps
Soulfire + Mage Armor = 2,800 dps
Weapon: Staff = 700 dps

Theoretical Maximum Output = 4,200 dps (Creeping Death + Shadow Armor + Staff)
Note: Arcane Missiles has a much more sustainable soul cost allowing the use of other high soul costing spells in conjunction (such as meteor) and thus may result in higher dps.

Role: Ranged
Boomerang = 2,200 dps
Strafe = 2,000 dps
Steady Shot = 2,400 dps
Lucky Seven + Shadow Armor = 1,500-3,700 (2,200 average) dps Note: Extremely dependant on lucky rolls
Shuriken Frenzy + Shadow Armor = 2,300 dps
Venomous Shuriken + Shadow Armor = 300 dps
Deadly Shuriken + Shadow Armor = 400 dps
Weapon: Bow + Range: 2 = 750 dps
Weapon: Bow + Range: 5 = 900 dps
Weapon: Bow + Range: 5 + Natures Grace = 1,600 dps
Weapon: Bow + Range: 5 + Burning Arrow (Tactical Marksmanship) = 2,000 dps
Weapon: Bow + Range: 7 = 1,000 dps

Theoretical Maximum Output =
4,400 dps (Steady Shot + Bow + Range: 5 + Tactical Marksmanship + Burning Arrow)
or
5,300+ dps (Lucky Seven + Shadow Armor + Venomous Shuriken + Deadly Shuriken + Bow + Range:5) Note: Extremely dependant on lucky rolls
Note: Damage can be increased further by standing at a range of 7 however this is not realistic in most scenarios.

Role: Melee
Weapon Bola = 1,900 dps
Meteor Strike = 2,200 dps
Shadow Blitz = 2,200 dps
Assassinate = 2,600 dps
Whirlwind = 2,400 dps
Weapon: Dagger x2 + Shadow Armor = 2,000 dps
Weapon: Sword x2 = 1,400 dps
Weapon: Sword x2 + Lycanthropy = 2,800 dps
Weapon: Axe x2 = 900 dps
Weapon: Axe x2 + Lycanthropy = 1,600 dps
Weapon: Mace = 1,000 dps
Weapon: Mace + Lycanthropy = 1,500 dps
Weapon: Mace x2 (Iron Grip) = 2,000 dps
Weapon: Mace x2 (Iron Grip) + Lycanthropy = 2,900 dps

Theoretical Maximum Output = 4,600 dps (Assassinate + Dagger x2 + Shadow Armor) Note: Damage can be increased further by using Deadly/Venomous Shuriken although they scale on ranged power not melee power

Note: Please understand that DPS is random which makes it hard to test, I tried to get an average of all results over the course of 60 seconds. The DPS displayed has been rounded for simplicity's sake.

Nobody's mad here. Just fucking irratated that all these fucking noobs come on the only forum thread for the server and spam the shit out of it with "oh boo fucking hoo this spell is broken" or "this vocation sucks and I want my summons to be fucking OP because I'm a fucking whiney bitch". How about you guys fucking bring something to the table instead of always fucking crying about shit. Create a video, take screenshots, do fucking something to back up your fucking crying instead of waiting for Xagul to waste his fucking time testing your fucking bullshit on a test server only to prove you're fucking wrong.

Not to purposely be argumentative, but maybe if you voiced your opinion in a .... civil manner? Perhaps people would be more inclined to acknowledge it. Otherwise you sound like a raging drunkard with incredible keyboard precision for his intoxicated state. The PvP is more than substantially off balance if somebody solo's a same-level player and then he comes back and solo's the initial killer (very common occurrence). The forum is an easy way to reach out opinions to all the community who reads it, and xagul is very well known to give feedback on even small suggestions. Your rebut towards a suggestion post was ignorant, rude and kind of distasteful. Also for the record, irritated is a synonym for angry, so in a literal sense you are mad.

Some fun boredom after testing:

BtdcTgi.jpg

Any word on when there will be an update on here? I just haven't heard anything for a while and didn't know if there was any word on when the new area will be added. Definitely will be fun to explore, even though I have a feeling I haven't even explored everywhere there is to explore in the currently available areas...

(oh and this is also a shameless bump after seeing this thread on the third page of advertisement. i call it a love bump! :wub:)

Hey bitch boy who doesn't like reading updates and is a fucking retard. Shit wasn't broken. Maybe not what he had in mind but the shit was listed in an update and is exactly how the fuck it was supposed to be. I don't know shit about not being able to kill but the rest of your QQing is waste of space. As for co-owners what the fuck you thinking idiot? So it will work if your co-owner of my house but then breaks if someone else makes you co-owner or you buy your own house? Sounds like easy as hell shit to abuse when recall home was meant as a perk for premium and not for fuckass like you to abuse. Tell your co-owner to buy a house and get the fuck out of here with your crying.

Edit: Xagul's post. Fuck you and stfu when you don't know shit.

Wow you definitely have some anger management issues. I don't even play here anymore but damn. Seems like you made an account just to go full out psycho. If you need help controlling your anger you should start going to therapy instead of raging like a bitch on the forums. The guy just posted a few suggestions, i honestly can't see how that made you so mad... people these days. :sigh:

Wow you definitely have some anger management issues. I don't even play here anymore but damn. Seems like you made an account just to go full out psycho. If you need help controlling your anger you should start going to therapy instead of raging like a bitch on the forums. The guy just posted a few suggestions, i honestly can't see how that made you so mad... people these days. :sigh:

You tellem!

- - - Updated - - -

Buying ranger items, or trading melee eq for ranger eq.
-Shanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back