• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2h5ieyp.png

I don't want to look like I want to OP summoners just because I am playing one but I think I gotta report everything I see that doesn't make sense. Okay, the destroyer feels way better now, but there's still one thing that makes it kinda useless: pushing. Since spellsingers work good for AoE, destroyer is meant to be a 1vs1 high dps summon. The problem about this is that if I ever hunt something 1vs1 is going to be bosses or a monster strong enough as to not want to lure more than one. This is the problem, if I use it the chance to lure is high due to its pushing, plus teamhunting makes it annoying for the other players (specially for the blocker) since they have to follow it all the time (it pushes a lot). So again, I don't see when to use it even if its dps are quite good now.

I just feel like the pushing thing doesn't fit the the purpose of it.

so if u dont wanna get the lure just dont use destro... anyway summoner is better now than the last era

jesus christ, I don't know why I even bother...the only purpose of the destroyer is to 1vs1, if I don't want to lure is because mobs are strong, which gets fucked up with destroyer, that is actually meant for that. How do you suggest me to use it then? And you are right, they are now a proper vocation, and with way less spells than any other, so stfu with that crap and be constructive.

Last edited:
I don't want to look like I want to OP summoners just because I am playing one but I think I gotta report everything I see that doesn't make sense. Okay, the destroyer feels way better now, but there's still one thing that makes it kinda useless: pushing. Since spellsingers work good for AoE, destroyer is meant to be a 1vs1 high dps summon. The problem about this is that if I ever hunt something 1vs1 is going to be bosses or a monster strong enough as to not want to lure more than one. This is the problem, if I use it the chance to lure is high due to its pushing, plus teamhunting makes it annoying for the other players (specially for the blocker) since they have to follow it all the time (it pushes a lot). So again, I don't see when to use it even if its dps are quite good now.

I just feel like the pushing thing doesn't fit the the purpose of it.

1. Turn off targeting bot.
2. Stop attacking the monster.
3. When the summons walk back to you re-target the monster, in some cases you may have to walk back a bit to gain yourself some distance.

Problem solved!

Edit:
Small Hotfix:
  • Natures Grace damage bonus has been increased.
This change does not require a server restart and is already in effect.

Last edited:
New Spells:
  • Creeping Death - Soul Cost: 8 - Type: shadow/magic - Death will find them. It always does.
  • Malediction - Soul Cost: 8 - Type: shadow/magic - Cast a torrent of deathbats that inflict a deadly curse onto target.

These are actually costing 10 soul ingame, not sure which it's meant to be but I thought I'd mention it

1. Turn off targeting bot.
2. Stop attacking the monster.
3. When the summons walk back to you re-target the monster, in some cases you may have to walk back a bit to gain yourself some distance.

Problem solved!

Edit:
Small Hotfix:
  • Natures Grace damage bonus has been increased.
This change does not require a server restart and is already in effect.

1. I never use targeting bot.
2 and 3. Is this actually the way you wanted it to work? because I see tons of ultimates not being so hard to use and I don't see why this one has to make me target and untarget all the time in order for it to be useful. At the moment destroyer is just a high risk spell, with good dps but not as good as to risk myself to lure something everytime and a bit annoying for blockers and others to follow the target wherever destroyer pushes it everytime.

Also, some new and fancy spells would be cool too for this vocation! :D

1. I never use targeting bot.
2 and 3. Is this actually the way you wanted it to work? because I see tons of ultimates not being so hard to use and I don't see why this one has to make me target and untarget all the time in order for it to be useful. At the moment destroyer is just a high risk spell, with good dps but not as good as to risk myself to lure something everytime and a bit annoying for blockers and others to follow the target wherever destroyer pushes it everytime.

Also, some new and fancy spells would be cool too for this vocation! :D

Well naturally if a summon starts moving away from you and you don't want it to lure more things you will have to do something to prevent it from moving further away than it already is. This is not some new issue that suddenly started happening with the destroyer in fact its more problematic with spellsingers than it is with the destroyer. But short answer, no this will not be changed. I want the destroyer to push targets around that's what makes that particular creature unique. In the future there may be other ultimate summons that do not push things around and look so crazy, but this one does.

Well naturally if a summon starts moving away from you and you don't want it to lure more things you will have to do something to prevent it from moving further away than it already is. This is not some new issue that suddenly started happening with the destroyer in fact its more problematic with spellsingers than it is with the destroyer. But short answer, no this will not be changed. I want the destroyer to push targets around that's what makes that particular creature unique. In the future there may be other ultimate summons that do not push things around and look so crazy, but this one does.

Well Spellsingers might lure if you are not used to them, but once you've played a bit they won't lure anything you don't want being it your fault (meaning that if people is blocking them ofc they are going to try to find an other way around to attack the target) since they have a pattern you can predict and even use at your favour. I honestly don't think this being more problematic with them, and they are not a ultimate spell anyway tho they are still better than destroyer (dps are pretty close to destroyer, they AoE and as I said, they won't lure). If you haven't yet, you should try both of them at same levels (4 spellsingers for one destroyer) on a dummie for the dps and then try to hunt something strong without luring with both of them.

Meanwhile I guess I'll have to keep leveling spellsingers and wait for the next ultimate.

Edit: Don't take it personal, I'm just trying to give you some feedback since I think not many people play this role. Basically, I don't see a situation where my destroyer might be a better choice than 4 spellsingers, and that kind of annoys me since we don't have as much spells as the other vocations and our only ultimate doesn't really feel like it.

Edit 2: It's come to my ears (eyes, actually) that this conversation is being a bit misunderstood. I didn't want to sound agressive or offensive or anything like that at any point, I honestly wanted to sound neutral, just giving feedback about what I see while playing and I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way. Anyway, I still think what I've said and I will keep giving my opinion about whatever I see that might be improved/balanced for good in this discussion thread :)

Last edited:
@Trebla
It's not that people don't play summoner because it's not good, it's because its nearly impossible to bot hence the reason you are playing it, because you do not bot.
with that said I don't think anything you have said is offensive. Not even close. However, I played summoner for the majority of the time before the wipe. No summons are obtainable via quest/npc. They all must be looted and they are not common spells. Due to that all summons must be good. Destroyer is not meant to replace spellsinger but rather it's an alternative. There are many situations that Undead Warriors/Spellsingers/Minions will be a better option than the destroyer. Destroyer is considered an ultimate because of its soul cost and the power of the summon itself. Idk if you have noticed or not, but "ultimate spell" on this server does not mean "triumph all gg you have best spell no need to loot anymore". Ultimate spells all have their use but I don't think there is a single ultimate spell that people spam as their primary source of damage. Also most (not all) ultimate spells were designed for pvp which is why the destroyer pushes people around and moves like a crazy lunatic.

@Everyone
As I was typing this the server went down. We are now contacting the company to get this sorted out.

Update

• Increased the soul cost of shadow mage spells. (HOTFIXED 7-14-2013)
  • Natures Grace bonus damage has been increased. (HOTFIXED 7-15-2013)
  • Frost Shot will now hit targets in a small area around the target.
  • Fixed a bug where Defense Curl would hit more than the original hit in some cases.
  • Reduced the health of monsters in the 4th dungeon.
  • The Warden will now use a standard weapon chain on the primary target.
  • Ranged weapons may now be opened like a backpack and have 1 slot. This will now be considered a quiver.
  • A few of the ranged weapons had to be changed. This item change will be retroactive however the names will not. Example: T4 ranged weapons will now be a throwing axe, but existing T4 ranged weapons will still be named "~ forked spear"
  • New Spell: Tactical Marksmanship - Soul Cost: 0 - Type: enhancement/range - Allows the use of special ammunition in the quiver of a ranged weapon. Armor is reduced by 25% while active.
  • New Spell: Conjure Burning Arrow - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: conjure/range - This arrow will deal additional burning damage when it hits a target. This special ammunition requires tactical marksmanship in order to use.
  • New Spell: Conjure Charged Arrow - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: conjure/range - This arrow will deal additional energy damage and has a chance to electrify and stun the target. This special ammunition requires tactical marksmanship in order to use.
  • New Spell: Conjure Explosive Arrow - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: conjure/range - This arrow will explode when it hits dealing fire damage around the target. This special ammunition requires tactical marksmanship in order to use.
  • New Spell: Conjure Headseeker Arrow - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: conjure/range - This arrow will deal additional damage and has a chance to HEADSHOT! This special ammunition requires tactical marksmanship in order to use.
  • New Spell: Conjure Impact Arrow - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: conjure/range - This arrow will deal additional damage and knock the target back. This special ammunition requires tactical marksmanship in order to use.
  • New Spell: Conjure Shiver Arrow - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: conjure/range - This arrow will freeze the target slowing their movement speed. This special ammunition requires tactical marksmanship in order to use.
  • New Spell: Spirit Walk - Soul Cost: 100 - Type: utility/transform/ultimate - The caster steps out of their body and becomes a spirit image. While in spirit form the caster and spirit will both have 0 armor.

@Trebla
It's not that people don't play summoner because it's not good, it's because its nearly impossible to bot hence the reason you are playing it, because you do not bot.
with that said I don't think anything you have said is offensive. Not even close. However, I played summoner for the majority of the time before the wipe. No summons are obtainable via quest/npc. They all must be looted and they are not common spells. Due to that all summons must be good. Destroyer is not meant to replace spellsinger but rather it's an alternative. There are many situations that Undead Warriors/Spellsingers/Minions will be a better option than the destroyer. Destroyer is considered an ultimate because of its soul cost and the power of the summon itself. Idk if you have noticed or not, but "ultimate spell" on this server does not mean "triumph all gg you have best spell no need to loot anymore". Ultimate spells all have their use but I don't think there is a single ultimate spell that people spam as their primary source of damage. Also most (not all) ultimate spells were designed for pvp which is why the destroyer pushes people around and moves like a crazy lunatic.

Oh, I never meant to say that people don't play them because they are not good, actually they are pretty awesome and way more fun than the ranged I played before the wipe, but you are right about it being harder to start (actually I was very lucky my first spell looted was spellsingers, eitherway I wouldn't have become one). Also, after all the changes and now being forced (in a good way) to teamhunt as to get decent exp/loot they are even more useful. And yea, I tested again its dps yesterday and at level 10 it had >200+ dps than my spellsingers at level 18, and after doing some tests on players, as you said, they are pretty useful at pvping. So I officially end the destroyer topic :D

Now I just have to piss you off about making an update for summoners with fresh and fancy new spells!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back