• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved TFS 0.2.10 cannot connect to server

Seksy

Reaction score
I set my router, forwarded all ports TCP/UDP 7171 and 7172
Set my actual IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xx in the config file.
When i try to connect to it from my laptop it wont let me in, connection refused.
It may be that I am trying to connect from inside the network? rather than from an external computer? I think this was a problem before, any suggestions?

I can connect using my desktop from which it is hosted with no problems.
Code:
-- Connection Config
	ip = "207.144.95.181"
	bindOnlyGlobalAddress = "no"
	loginProtocolPort = 7171
	gameProtocolPort = 7172
	adminProtocolPort = 7171
	statusProtocolPort = 7171
	loginTries = 10
	retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
	loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
	maxPlayers = "1000"
	motd = "Welcome to the Eternia Server!"
	onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
	allowClones = "yes"
	serverName = "Eternia"
	loginMessage = "Welcome to the Eternia Server!"
	adminLogsEnabled = "no"
	statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
	replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"

Last edited:
Double check the ports are actually forwarded. Google port checker and give it a shot. I actually had a factory fault with my router that didn't open ports when it was supposed to lol. Maybe have a quick google on your router model just to check if there are any faults with it but generally its people getting there ports wrong. Make sure you have either allowed acceptations in your firewall or have it turned off completely. Personally what i would do is check the ports using port Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router, turn off my firewall and go from there.

Also maybe give this a shot http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/ Its an automated port forwarding program, you just select your router model and go from there.

Ok everything checked, firewall off, ports open and working, server IP address is correct, still no connection from my end, so I conclude one thing, working from an Actiontec GT724WGR apparently you cant connect from inside the network using your external IP address (localhost works fine). I think this happened before so tonight I will have someone outside the network attempt it.

update:
it does connect fine from outside connection. If using the actiontec router its not possible to connect unless you use 127.0.0.1 so for anyone else who has this problem, you now have the answer. Connections works great from outside the network

Back