• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved [TFS 1.0 NPC] Problem to buy item

Sentinel3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with all NPC, when I try to buy something it says that I don't have enough capacity, but! I bought the item, so I don't waste money.

Using: TFS 1.0

Well.., I leave you some pictures of proves.

Step 1: say "hi" to NPC (works)
1_zpsb4429b74.png

Step 2: say "trade" to NPC (works)
2_zpsdb8fe8ea.png

Step 3: buy an item -for example, label- (not works perfectly)
3_zps67f4af7c.png

Step 4: checking backpack if I bought the item (not works perfectly)
4_zps00fd9997.png

As you can see I already bought the item, but I keep money in my backpack!

Thank you for read, and if you know what happens with NPC, please don't doubt at tell me.
You will help me so much!

Maybe this only applies to God characters? Either way, update your NPC files with the TFS 1.0 ones :p

No sorry, I forgot to write in post! This type of problem it happens with all players who try to buy something.

About NPC files, how can I update them?

There have been lots of NPC bugs in TFS 1.0 lately, Mark has already announced that a change he committed could break the NPC system.
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commit/877e42399f19e074c6a9e05bd4cf82f92e0e8f2e

Please note, this is not for certain the reason why your NPC isn't working, but it's a possibility.
If replacing the NPC system doesn't fix it, then it might very well be the possibility.

Fix-wise, unfortunately, I don't know what the current situation is. However, it seems to be a very easy fix as
you just need to go through everything in the NPC system library and make changes to the cid values by using the playerUserData:getId() method.

Okay, quick update. Mark made changes to pass userdata everywhere instead of cid on November 3rd, 2014.
This caused the NPC system to break.
On November 4th, 2014, our beloved @Dalkon came to the rescue like a knight in shining armor and fixed it.

tmJ3DFQ.png

So, how can you fix it?

You need to compile the latest TFS 1.0, or at least after November 3rd, 2014.
You also need to download the NPC system lib folder (data/npc/lib) and replace your current one.

There have been lots of NPC bugs in TFS 1.0 lately, Mark has already announced that a change he committed could break the NPC system.
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commit/877e42399f19e074c6a9e05bd4cf82f92e0e8f2e

Please note, this is not for certain the reason why your NPC isn't working, but it's a possibility.
If replacing the NPC system doesn't fix it, then it might very well be the possibility.

Fix-wise, unfortunately, I don't know what the current situation is. However, it seems to be a very easy fix as
you just need to go through everything in the NPC system library and make changes to the cid values by using the playerUserData:getId() method.

I already took those scripts by forgottenserver, I have all npcsystem from this link that you pass me.

I had this error one time and I fixed it using the right compat / global files. Hope this info works for you!

What it's the right compat.lua or config.lua?
Can you pass me this script? (You can use http://pastebin.com/)

Okay, quick update. Mark made changes to pass userdata everywhere instead of cid on November 3rd, 2014.
This caused the NPC system to break.
On November 4th, 2014, our beloved @Dalkon came to the rescue like a knight in shining armor and fixed it.

tmJ3DFQ.png

So, how can you fix it?

You need to compile the latest TFS 1.0, or at least after November 3rd, 2014.
You also need to download the NPC system lib folder (data/npc/lib) and replace your current one.

Still not working, but it isn't probably that all scripts of NPCs have scripted wrong. Maybe I miss a function on compat.lua or config.lua?

Last edited:
Hi @Sentinel3 , I had the same error later of compiled, I did was upgrade global.lua and library of NPC from TFS 1.0, after the Statue Training not work, so i remove the premium status of actions,
and all working fine!

Back