• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

the end of otservers

Onimusha

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
GitHub
all

what makes you continue in this niche?

I see a lot of "ot makers" with INCREDIBLE ideas have a dream to earn a few bucks, but no one wants to join and play that ideas.

A dream from more than a decade ago.
I know some that just do it as their hobby.
I doubt anyone does that to earn a few bucks as costs are higher than earnings in that case.

Last edited:

I see a lot of "ot makers" with INCREDIBLE ideas have a dream to earn a few bucks, but no one wants to join and play that ideas.
No one wants to join the development, no one wants play. Are you being sarcastic with the INCREDIBLE?

I can say that people actually wants to join, as long it has enough stuff to create histories they can share with other people. What I mean with this?

In my case, I have hosted my server for months. I did learn those "few buck", even if they're just to pay the virtual server where server was allocated. But mostly, I generated a little community. I have a little group of whatsapp with the players of the server, where every single people from that group can tell you an "history" they had playing the server.

So I think is much more a word of mouth thing. You can't underestimate a server because of their low amount of players (I mean, why would you want afk players, that won't make you succeed), but if there's a war after they bot all the day then it will work. Because that is a history to word.

Onimusha said:
INCREDIBLE ideas have a dream to earn a few bucks
Nah man, I think you loose the point here. First you dream with the incredible idea, then you realize it.
After doing that will see what comes next ;)

Being very honest, I don't care about profits or winning anything, I would just like to create an online server where everyone could have fun without any need to spend anything other than their own time, I even have a server where the player can have full access (premium ) just participating in pvp events (points for kills), but I don't intend to spend my own money to pay for a server, so I even sell premiums in the store, but it's also cheap with the intention of just earning what is necessary to maintain the server. The intention will always be the same, free fun.

my server is a replica of 7.6 with everything that was possible to add to what it used to be, I added some facilities such as offline training and training weapons (players gain when they level up) just so the game doesn't get boring, like I said: fun is the idea

the good thing about otserver or “tibia” is that you can succeed or fail at the same time. otserver gives you the opportunity to modify the game the way you want, it's all a matter of your imagination. if you don't have a clear idea of what you want to do and you plan to build an otserver then you are creating just another otserver. otserver allows you to create your own script or lua without the need to know much programming because it's easy to do it that way. imagine someone who doesn't have much knowledge and otserver is all in C++. imagine someone who doesn't have much knowledge and otserver is all in C++. i've had other servers for other MMORPG games and believe me it's much more complicated than tibia. to add new things like some script you needed to decompile a client to get offset to write over that code to do what you had to do and all in c++ one more thing than another in lua or xml. otsever it all depends on you there are many facilities to make a good server.

What makes you continue in this niche?
not quite sure why i if dislike a vast amount of the community members and a vast amount dislike me too, ofc there are nice guys but getting to the point

just the hobby. of dev it just by me and notice how the server has changed since i started with it and for learning purposes im not a programmer but for sure i've learned a lot this has helped me in various aspects of my life too

it's very strenuous, have to deal with players and manage a server deal. with the website host and all things involved in hosting and developing an ots
at the end there is always a portion of players that are not happy or dislike things also i believe that dev an ot and host it does not worth the time and effort, oftenly players claims things wants content but dont want to pay 3 usd in order to help you keep the server online
developers end up wasting money and effort for nothing. mostly all ots end up dying in few weeks or months
there are few ones that have lasted years but anyway its player base is very low too

I make servers that I play by myself if people join thats fine but my topmost priority is my own entertainment :)
People say oh you made how many servers nobody played
yeah but what fun I had on those servers sometimes I need not to play latest AAA+ titles sometimes simple Tibia does the trick.

I make servers that I play by myself if people join thats fine but my topmost priority is my own entertainment :)
People say oh you made how many servers nobody played
yeah but what fun I had on those servers sometimes I need not to play latest AAA+ titles sometimes simple Tibia does the trick.
What's the list of servers you made ?

you can have a look in github most of them are there the yurots ones from 2012 you wont find tbh.
i got question about your profile picture where did you get the GM outfit looking like that?
30 seconds in google

30 seconds in google

yeah im pretty sure this was not in 6.4 sprite sheet

Addiction worse than any synthetic drug.

e than any synthetic drug.
I can confirm that I see my friends wasting 10 hours playing some x1 rate servers while I was in a night club dehydrated and could not actually take a piss.

i made a custom pvp server many years ago and finished the servers content enough for a launch, except polishing and balancing. It was pretty unique compared to existing servers i might say. Even for today.
  • The server was designed for like 25+ online.
    • Keep in mind the server is designed for players to be online for 30 minutes a day
    • The server would only be online specific hours each day so everyone that would want to play could play at roughly the same hours.
  • Map was custom and small, with a hub with ingame shops where ingame money was spent.
  • XP was inactivated which means all players have same base hp, base mana, base run speed., but when you kill another player you get money in the bank which you can spend on gear upgrades. This was the progression system.
  • Aimed for easy-to-learn, hard-to-master. As well as two low levels (eq wise) could kill higher lvl player.
  • People had rings with different effects, which can be swapped any time inside the hub, cost free.
    • Explode when you die.
    • Extra gold when killing players for the cost of taking more damage.
    • Spawn monsters when you kill a player as your summon. The monster depends on the class you kill.
    • Extra run speed.
    • and more variations.
  • custom items which was restricted to each class.
  • custom classes with custom spells ( imagine like moba heroes. 3 main spells + a ulti ).
  • If no players was online there was monsters designed to look like players with all regular tibia spells, defending their world when you invaded them. These dropped gold, just as a player would. Their difficulty was based on their random outfit's addons. More addons, higher difficulty.
  • The hub had a small arena which of which you could almost see all of it if you were inside.
  • When 100 players was killed in the hub's arena a boss would spawn. Had like 5 bosses with custom behaviour, spells and loot.
    • Only specific drops could drop from the bosses. Like faster walking boots.
    • When the boss dies 5 chests are spawned in the arena, of which 1 of them have the loot.
    • + you get loot depending on your performance when killing the boss.
    • You could still kill other players when a boss was active (super fun and toxic lol)
    • When you die you loose nothing, but it takes a few seconds to spawn.
  • Other than the hub there was portals to other maps designed for pvp. Think of the size of a small Tibia City.
  • In these other zones there was NPCs selling 1 time scrolls which could be used by anyone.
    • One of them spawned a Demon which had loot for anyone who killed and looted it first. (Not a summon)
    • Strong as fuck UE scroll
    • and more.
  • Every hour an event would start in the hub, opening a special portal leading to the event.
    • Imagine stuff like King of the Hill and Those who survives the longest gets more points, thus, winning the event and get special loot only from the event.
  • Mounts could drop from the bosses. A custom item would drop as a picture of the mount, which could be looted and sold to other players. Right-Click to use the mount. ( Like in world of warcraft )
    • Obvious speed advantage.
Super fun to develop. Played it with friends and it was really great. I still have it lying around. But i never launched it.

On top of this i was going to partner up with another server. WHich means that if you played my server and killed enough players, killed enough bosses, joined enough events, you would get rewards on their server aswell.

But Alas. I never launched it.

Back
Top Bottom