• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia on Steam Greenlight

Tibia will NEVER EVER be bot free. Anti cheats or not, there is always a way around them, sadly.

Just means if bot free tibia is eminent shouldn't we all be out there botting up some chars while we can? They may make it impossible to bot but there is still going to be assloads of botted chars

Just means if bot free tibia is eminent shouldn't we all be out there botting up some chars while we can? They may make it impossible to bot but there is still going to be assloads of botted chars

i just hope they make a new world that isn't ruined by botting

By the way, how does VAC work exactly?
It works kinda like a virus scanner, scans your PC for malicious software, etc (I have a proof of this, keep reading), read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat

So here goes my proof, I was developing a programming language which had a lot of memory hacks (mostly through string manipulation) in pure C... So I once tried to re-compile it (had Steam open) but LD failed to link the file since it was being used by _another_ program (aka Steam). P.S. This was on Windows; it doesn't have shared copy-on-write executables like Linux, so it's what made Steam obvious enough.

So, I tried to manually delete the executable and:

w6n2fl.png

I also heard that also scan your DNS or something like that (don't know much about this stuff) to see if you visit known hack sites. But Tibia bots are usually on their own site (no idea either, never used one) so that wouldn't help.

So if i get u guys right. If you have steam opened and plans on botting your char on rl u pretty much fucked

So if i get u guys right. If you have steam opened and plans on botting your char on rl u pretty much fucked
As cipsoft tried to get on greenlight and was approved it is highly likely that Tibia will ONLY run with Steam at one point.

I also heard that also scan your DNS or something like that (don't know much about this stuff) to see if you visit known hack sites. But Tibia bots are usually on their own site (no idea either, never used one) so that wouldn't help.
If I understood it correctly Valve scans your DNS cache to detect bot software which you have to pay for.

Last edited:
Back