• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Trying to start my server on my Ubuntu VPS. Errors with MAP

Zt0ffe

Reaction score
Can load everything else except this file. Works fine on windows 8 64bit. But not so good on my VPS with Linux / Ubuntu. Only got 3GB RAM on my VPS, if that does matter. Map is on 96mb~.

Anyone know what migth fix this?

Yes iv checked the name so its the same in config.lua and tried take away otbm from name etc. the simple ones.

Code:
[19:41:56.673] >> Loading map and spawns...
[19:41:58.673] > FATAL: OTBM Loader - Could not open the file data/world/World.otbm.
theforgottenserver: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable_fwd.hpp:46: boost::condition_variable::~condition_variable(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_destroy(&internal_mutex)' failed.
Aborted

Last edited:
Code:
apt-get install libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev

and give the server a restart
Code:
shutdown -r now

Code:
apt-get install libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev

and give the server a restart
Code:
shutdown -r now

Tried your commands,

Code:
[20:19:05.651] > FATAL: OTBM Loader - Could not open the file data/world/World.otbm.
still :(

Have been trying a variety of things but this error is still persistent... Any more ideas? Anyone know who should chown and what chmod values I should give the data and / or world folders?

this is the chown command

Code:
chown -R root:root /yourserver location

this example for root user you can change it with any user name you want

Code:

Tried it out, getting this! Thanks for ur time!

Code:
[12:18:32.260] > FATAL: OTBM Loader - Could not open the file data/world/World.otbm.
theforgottenserver: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable_fwd.hpp:46: boost::condition_variable::~condition_variable(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_destroy(&internal_mutex)' failed.
Aborted

Code:

I know how to chown, I'm wondering which user should own which files and folders, also what permissions each file should have (does the map really need execution permissions?)

- - - Updated - - -

I know how to chown, I'm wondering which user should own which files and folders, also what permissions each file should have (does the map really need execution permissions?)

Turns out the map file was being corrupted by poor connection. Apologies to those who have wasted time here, hope this still proves useful to someone.

Thanks.

Back