• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ubuntu 14.04 please help make a server and website

me

Reaction score
I am new to OpenTibia,
After spending hours of searching and googlein` I can not find a how to step by step noob friendly way to do this in Ubuntu 14.04(headless).
So, I post this post, In hope that someone out there can explan clearly and nicely(in English please), step by step(hand-holding mode), how to get this done, and explain how it all works.
Thank you for reading:)

There must be at least 5 tutorials on setting up servers on Linux. I suggest you follow my tutorial on a Debian 7 machine or Don Daniello's tutorial if you really want to stay on Ubuntu

There must be at least 5 tutorials on setting up servers on Linux. I suggest you follow my tutorial on a Debian 7 machine or Don Daniello's tutorial if you really want to stay on Ubuntu
I thank you for your post I shall try your tutorial on a Debian 7 machine, I will start with a fresh copy of Ubuntu server

well that one didn't work ether, followed it step but step got a error on
Add the lines
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
go to save and Error writing /usr/share/nginx/www/info.php: No such file or directory
would not save tried to skip that step and got
* Restarting nginx nginx [fail]

Last edited:
are you saving and editing as a root user? Also, this step is not really necessary, you could skip it if you want.

are you saving and editing as a root user? Also, this step is not really necessary, you could skip it if you want.
yes I logged into default user then did su to get root, if its ok to skip were should I go to then please:p also thank you for responding, I appreciate it:)

yes I logged into default user then did su to get root, if its ok to skip were should I go to then please:p also thank you for responding, I appreciate it:)

skip to the part right after you go to yourdomain.com.info.php

skip to the part right after you go to yourdomain.com.info.php
cant get it to run i skip the step and did the res up to service nginx restart had error wont work. I review all the other steps, re checked and checked again but to no luck:(

cant get it to run i skip the step and did the res up to service nginx restart had error wont work. I review all the other steps, re checked and checked again but to no luck:(

What step is failing exactly? is it service nginx restart? check the config files that where edited and the logs

update- 98% functional 64 bit server(web set up is a bit of a mess still)
@dominique120 thank you for your help, I gotta learn new stuff every day:) so far its less scary then expected:p

Back