• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What type of server do YOU want?

kinglewey1st

Hey Jude.
Reaction score
hello OT fans, My name is Kinglewey.
I'm currently working on a project called Tazserver a custom open server with a strong quest line.
but I want to know what the people want to play!

This is not an advertisement. The server wont be up for a while, but while it's in production I want know what you think makes the best CUSTOM open server.

The sky is the limit,

-----------------------------------------------------
Current thoughts for server;
I'm aiming for a fast ish xp rate

(At low levels, until you get to around 100, where I want to change almost all the items. I want players to have to look at what items they recieve etc.)

100% custom map of course;
( I want it to be detailed, by that I mean I dont want you to not run somewhere in a map because you know the owner hasnt bothered with every single square.)

I want mystery to the server.

High levels are actually powerful and a lv 200 can kill a lv 100.

-------------------------------------------

If you have any more suggestions please post here and tell me.
I want to hear from ot veterans who just want to see something in a server they rarely get to see.

I'd like a TP server with monsters that make a character as high as 15,000+ in levels and quests that go on for ages c:

I agree with the second part of ^, but not the first part. I hate tp servers. No one ever actually puts work into those, and the mapping usually doesn't make sense.

Aha, so many people like high level servers? I was thinking keeping it around max 600 ish mainly because it starts to get too messy. That being said I'm here for opinions. Im keeping some sort of RPG feel though and I think spamming levels super high looses that. Also balancing vocations is horrible.

Edit at the tp comment, I Actually have a nice tp system in my server, (help the king, get access to low level tp's, help him with harder quests and get access to higher tp's. the teleporters arent the main hunting spawns though, you have to search if you want a truely amazing spawn.

If they're mapped right and scripted right they're Great. It's only awful when you lose stuff to do or pvp is OP.. Other then that if the owner is actually smart.. Then the server is great

The sad and awful truth is that nobody plays cool custom servers any more... Ive seen this billion times, someone opens up a discussion "what kind of server would people play" so there are tons of people on forum who are like "yeah 100% custom is cool, lower rate, cool quests etc" so a perfect server is made and guess what? nobody plays that! Anyone remember ascalon, atlantia, cool ass servers but no community...
I know how good it feels to put a lot of work to your server but most of the people out there just like to play retarded 99999x servers with tps and donator items and such. And without community the server won't succeed.
There are people who love custom servers but all ive seen from them is just talk, most of us are just hanging in this forum hoping to see some cool custom server with a lot of effort put in it but nobody actually plays that for 2 weeks/1 month.

The sad and awful truth is that nobody plays cool custom servers any more... Ive seen this billion times, someone opens up a discussion "what kind of server would people play" so there are tons of people on forum who are like "yeah 100% custom is cool, lower rate, cool quests etc" so a perfect server is made and guess what? nobody plays that! Anyone remember ascalon, atlantia, cool ass servers but no community...
I know how good it feels to put a lot of work to your server but most of the people out there just like to play retarded 99999x servers with tps and donator items and such. And without community the server won't succeed.
There are people who love custom servers but all ive seen from them is just talk, most of us are just hanging in this forum hoping to see some cool custom server with a lot of effort put in it but nobody actually plays that for 2 weeks/1 month.

So you think this is true?
I'm not going to make this server slow xp, its gonna be decently fast. But do you think that there was no community because of the owners way of creating a server?
or do you just think there is no market out there for a strong custom server?

I feel that advertised right, with the right amount of cool fun quests people will start talking. Thats is what I'm aiming for. I already have a beautiful beginning and great first couple of quests.
But I agree completely, no community = no game.

@vTune the client will be the most upto date client currently using the newest rev's available and will continue.

Back