• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What's Cip's biggest mistake with Tibia?

Well , Cip as I see cares more for money than for fun of players. Only thing they're trying to to put effort in now to return this is this teamwork shit , cuz that will require good team and stuff , otherwise they rly fucked up the you-need-skills-to-play part. Also LOL , I don't recall who , but someone told me they got sued for using name "Beholder" for copyright from some book/other game I don't know [i dont know if this is true, some random guy told me] , so that's why they changed.. Fail <_<

For those of you who are wondering, this is probably the reason Beholder was changed to Bonelord:

From wikipedia:
"The Beholder is among the most classic of all Dungeons & Dragons monsters, appearing in every edition of the game since 1975. They are one of the few classic Dungeons & Dragons monsters that Wizards of the Coast claims as Product Identity."

Seems Wizards of the Coast owns the name.

From tibia.com
"Last but not least, we want to inform you about a strange event that happened recently. Some wizards of the coast of a remote kingdom full of dungeons and dragons suddenly appeared on the Tibian shores. For several hours, they were chanting enigmatic mantras resembling the mysterious beholder language and then they left as abruptly as they had come. And now the creatures that were once known as beholders have to roam the lands of Tibia under a different name... bonelords."

Obviously a reference to Wizards of the Coast from D&D.

Last edited:
Their game was made for a max level of 60-70, at most around 100~.
Also I think they failed to handle overflooding of items and gold in the world causing the market to crash (got fond memories of selling golden armor for 100k+, magic plate armors for up to 900k).

And I think thats why people think 7.6 era was the best time of playing tibia, also the bots where not as advanced as they are now.

Their game was made for a max level of 60-70, at most around 100~.
Also I think they failed to handle overflooding of items and gold in the world causing the market to crash (got fond memories of selling golden armor for 100k+, magic plate armors for up to 900k).

And I think thats why people think 7.6 era was the best time of playing tibia, also the bots where not as advanced as they are now.

I totally agree with my fellow forum member :)

I'd say everything after 7.5 was a fucking misstake, they turned a good game into shit, im gonna find my old ot client and start it once again so i can relive the magic =)

They were failing among the new updates, and here goes the FAIL from the 8.61, on the global quest

cipfail.png

They can't even map now ;B

rofl seriouse? XD

btw i think yalahar was BIGGEST FUCKIN MISTAKE CIPNUBZ EVER DID..

"ey how we make more maniez for premmiez brah?"
"EY!! i play this other form of teh tibiaz and they haz RPG styal map brah! just look MEN!!!!! ALL MONSTER HUNT LESS THAN 50 SQM FROM SAFE LOKATION!"
"OMG PROH PLiKX"
"EY BRAH MAK3DD NuBZ Qu3Sty To enter Teh PAWNZERZ CITY WITH LIKE ONE RAID OF nUBz VampIRezOKEJ?"
"OKEJ DONE GOGO UPLOAD ON NEW TIBIA PLOX"

rofl seriouse? XD

btw i think yalahar was BIGGEST FUCKIN MISTAKE CIPNUBZ EVER DID..

"ey how we make more maniez for premmiez brah?"
"EY!! i play this other form of teh tibiaz and they haz RPG styal map brah! just look MEN!!!!! ALL MONSTER HUNT LESS THAN 50 SQM FROM SAFE LOKATION!"
"OMG PROH PLiKX"
"EY BRAH MAK3DD NuBZ Qu3Sty To enter Teh PAWNZERZ CITY WITH LIKE ONE RAID OF nUBz VampIRezOKEJ?"
"OKEJ DONE GOGO UPLOAD ON NEW TIBIA PLOX"

Hahahah, I lol'd Irl with that comment xD.
Biggest mistake they made was 8.42 +
Adding world trasnfer, antibot shit, now taking GM's off, reports by e-mail lol.. and much more things
And the beholder thing lmfao Bonelords hahaha.

CipBot was definetly one of their biggest mistakes in my opinion, from then on PVP has gone downhill (Look at the new pvp updates they will implement soon). I think alot of older players don't like the new tibia because we have very good memories from the old days and we don't like the changes but they definatly are going too far with these updates, for instance, they add probably a new outfit every update and yet the 3rd addon STILL isn't obtainable and and the addon's have been there since what, 7.8? I forget.

Another big mistake i think was making UH's useless for Knights, they relied mainly on UH's since... forever and they took them away because mages complained knights could hunt for hours without having to resupply although botter's (myself included) didn't exactly help with that either. I would probably play if they made an older game world (7.4-7.6), won't happen though. Long story short, tibia is not what it used to be and it never will be that good again therefor... It's shit.

Everything after Build 6b4 (Client 6,4) I did enjoy 6,4 it didnt have a pvp system as it now have. it was more rpg,ish style as id like to play tibia :)

The reason why Beholder was renamed to Bonelord is because of this bullcrap:
The beholder is considered "Product Identity" by Wizards of the Coast and as such is not released under its Open Game License.[1]
Copyright... yea... Copyright a name..

The new PvP style. New and new, it's not new. But I prefer the older style of PvP. Back in the days it was just skills, now it's alot of luck.

it's not only possible. it's very easy, by the way you can connect without the custom client, you just have to figure out how to do it.

all you have to know is how to compile and script system files for programs and so on.

Back