• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Wheel of Time Project

Reaction score
Me and a buddy are working on making a server based on the wheel of time books. Basically it'd be nice to have an extra hand working on well either mapping/scripting. If you're a fan of the books and want to hear what direction we're going with the server let me know. Essentially we are starting with a clean slate using tfs, it's not going to be an o"T"serv none of tibia's core ideals (grinding, runes, monsters, etc) will be apart of the server. If you would like to help out that's great and you will of course be a part of the team in every sense but it won't be a democracy, anything I plan to do is non-negotiable so if you're interested you'll prolly want to hear the core ideals before committing to the project. It will take an unknown amount of time to complete, it's done when its done essentially; I'm not in any rush to get a release or anything I'll be working on the server because I have lots of spare time and I have a passion for the books and a great project. Nothing will be hacked together fruitlessly just to get the server ready for release, so if you're in a rush to have an open server pass this up. I'm 21 and my buddy is 22, preferably we'd like to work with an adult. Welp that about rolls this long winded propaganda up.

Positions Open:
Artist: 0/1
Mapper: 0/1

Current Staff:
Black Reaper: co-project leader, scripting, mapping, writing, website code & design.
Summit: co-project leader, mapping, writing, computer graphics.

Application:
I don't really care if you follow this exact format, just try to include these things somewhere
Code:
Name:
Skills:
Wheel of Time Knowledge:

Last edited:
This caught me by surprise, I for one do not read the books but my brother and cousin have listen to the audio books of almost all the books except for the last one and they loved it soo much. Sadly both have retired from tibia but im sure they'll find it quite amusing someone is making a tibia server based off it. This seems like a really cool project, good luck and I hope it works out!!!

Thanks for the support, glad to hear it sparks interest. I myself am almost done with the third book and am just crazy obsessed with the series, it's definitely the most epic fantasy I have read/seen. I figure working on the project while reading the series works out great with an adequate time window. I'm pretty excited to be using the Wheel of Time for a catalyst.

Thanks now i have to read the books :)
maybe im interested soon :D:D

I read some of the books a long time ago, and really enjoyed them..

As far as wanting to work on something.. I'd love to offer help.. I just.. sometimes you want to play a server yourself, and this is something I'd much rather play because it's a subject I enjoy.

I'm not sure how you would take out monsters completely, but, I'd love to see what will come out of these project.

And grind is just a result of any game that has something you can gain by doing repetitive tasks.. giving the players a storyline to go through (ie, doing a quest one time and moving on to the next part) helps keep people away from grinding, but don't think that 'grind' is necessarily that bad.. people enjoy feeling like they can gain something by playing.. and having something to do always while playing is something that will keep players around..

but yeah.. getting sidetracked

I can offer some help on this project, but as I said, I really look forward to playing it, so I wouldn't want to ruin that for myself by knowing everything about the server/being staff :D

Good luck

We're not actually removing monsters from the server, just none of Tibia's creatures will be present. All the monsters are being made from scratch. As far as the grind goes I agree with the fact that players have to make progress without doing quests. I don't want to go into loads of detail but the exp table has been changed and group hunting is strongly encouraged, "hunting" won't imply running around in circles for 3 hours hunting dwarf guards. Sorry for being so ambiguous in the first post! If you find yourself interested in putting some time into the server let me know.

Hoho, Wheel of Time <3. Well, I loved those books, too bad I has no time to get involved into some project like that. Anyway, I can give you a hand, incase you gonna need some tips or coding help. My skype: fare_chasm

Things are progressing great so far, the vocations are all laid out. Gleeman vocation is completely done. Could really use another mapper more than anything, me and my buddy are both mapping but I'm also doing all the scripting. Having someone who can draw inspiration from the book for the maps is a must though :|.

Found this it should help with mapping, I hope. ^_^
2dmgnkk.jpg

Last edited:
Project is still rolling along great, still looking for someone to do Fal Dara(city); even if you haven't read the books describing the aesthetics and structure of the city should be easy. We also need a artist, someone specifically who can draw/sketch really well. The artist will need to hand draw everything for the site and teasers, there won't be a lot of work really. Currently there is a build up of stuff that needs to be done but it is in no rush. Probably need to do like a piece or two a week. If you are good with Photoshop and you want to completely finish the graphics that's a-ok too, though, Summit can handle that part if not. Once those two positions are filled that'll wrap up WoT's four man team. ;)

i don't know a lot about the books but i am a very good mapper i was a god so. but i lost all my codes so i have to get from u all. the only thing i have is me and my friend have to be a god or a gm if u want my help pm me plz.

-Name
Ahmed Nabil

-Time zone (GMT)
GMT +1

-Availability (hours per day)
Roughly 16+ hours

This For Everday

-Do I have basic people skills, am I truthful and willing to enforce the rules to protect my community?
Yes. I got over 4 years of CM experience in WoW-Private servers hosting up to 1000+ players with 700+ on peak hours. I'm always un-biased and follow the rules as they're stated.

-Where I study?
I'm currently studying game-development and prefer to work with graphics in photoshop.

-How many languages do you know
English - High
Arabic - High

GamePosition:Mapper....Mapper....Mapper....Mapper....

-Why am I qualified for this position?
The CMs work is to build, grow and manage communities. With over 4 years of experience I believe myself very suited for any server that may be looking for one.

-Why did I leave my old server?
With the new expansion of WoW (Mist of Pandaria) I felt it was my time to walk away. I was not excited about the expansion at all. I did play Tibia when I was younger and I'm now looking into working as a CM for any server.

-What do I think I'll do after you hire me?
I'll get right on work. Introduce myself to the community and what my work will be. I will be spending alot of time on the forums of the chosen server to get to know people aswell as be ingame to learn as much as possible of the server.

-Why should you choose me?
I'm a very kind person, helpful, considerate, and resourceful. I'm a stickler for rules and authority. Meaning, there's a reason people are put in position of authority, so everyone can enjoy their experience and not have to be hassled. I like to make sure people are having fun, and not getting harassed or cheated by people who think it's okay to do so.

If you are interested please leave a messege here or in my inbox.

FaceBook:GM Mapper Kesho

hey i have a group of 3. we know what we r doing. i have don 2 mappes by myself.+2 more with help. i have trained them how i was trained. we have no codes bec i lost all my codes when i got my new pc so i will have to get. i might be a kittle rusty but can get the gob don. if u want r serveses plz pm me the ip addres and we will all meet there ok thanks

When do you think your server will be ready for launch when you find your whole team?

I once attempted to make the Wheel of time Map before, Not only was it huge but ended in disappointment when the Map editor said i could not Place anymore Pallets lol~

Back