• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which one should I pick?

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
I'm going to start a large website, This website needs to be trusted by many people and needs many advertising to grow.
there's a cool .com domain which is for 900EUR, The same domain but .net is for 40EUR, which one should I pick?
Will it make difference in visiting website and trusting us?

Kind regards,
Fady

Won't make a difference at all to be honest, I'd go for net.
Even here in Australia, majority of ISP's are .net.au and most government sites are .net too.

you're online in otland.net

feel insave cause of the .net? me neighter :)

but ofcourse you'll trust .com more, plus it will have more visitors than .net :O

I don't see a difference, the only sites I don't trust are .pl / .de / .se or any with the domain name providers site within the clients domain name like "website.weprovidewebsites.com"
Purely the fact, most are in different languages, and well the sub-domains mean the person hasn't put much effort/cash into the website.

I don't see a difference, the only sites I don't trust are .pl / .de / .se or any with the domain name providers site within the clients domain name like "website.weprovidewebsites.com"
Purely the fact, most are in different languages, and well the sub-domains mean the person hasn't put much effort/cash into the website.

so I can pick the .net one and save 860EUR for advertising?

.com is .company so it is more professional. Since most .nets are local budget ran.. But .net too me (being english) seems less propper than .com. However, .net is still probably your best choice

so I can pick the .net one and save 860EUR for advertising?

That'd be the wise thing to do. :p

.com is .company so it is more professional. Since most .nets are local budget ran.. But .net too me (being english) seems less propper than .com. However, .net is still probably your best choice

It doesn't mean company, it means "comercial website" it means the site has comercial intent.
.Net is for network providers, a place where people come together and create a social network. (aswell as ISPs)

Fady, I'm an internet marketing expert and I'm quite sure I can answer all of your questions.
First of all; what kind of website are you planning on launching? What branche? What's your target?

Fady, I'm an internet marketing expert and I'm quite sure I can answer all of your questions.
First of all; what kind of website are you planning on launching? What branche? What's your target?

giveaway items like smartphones/tablets etc.
Don't worry, its not gambling nor lottery.

Alright, you can just buy the .net domain - it won't matter what extension your domain is as long as you're able to profile it well enough.
How are you planning to get your traffic? What is your marketing strategy?

Alright, you can just buy the .net domain - it won't matter what extension your domain is as long as you're able to profile it well enough.
How are you planning to get your traffic? What is your marketing strategy?

add me on skype fadynassar3 :p

Won't make a difference at all to be honest, I'd go for net.
Even here in Australia, majority of ISP's are .net.au and most government sites are .net too.

are you serious? Should the government website not end like http://name.gov.au???????????

if u r going on the government websites and there is no gov.xx then im sorry to say this but you are not on a (official) government website ;D

Back