• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why do you host a server? Why do you create OT?

I'm sorry, making an OT for free is not a good thing, and it doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Honestly, I actually hope my upcoming server makes TONS of money. (The more money I make the better)

Is this because I'm a greedy bastard? Nope. Honestly I've never had donations on any of my servers in the past.
But I wish I had. I realize that, if I make enough money I can buy more Pixel Art, and work more often on the server.

My long-term dream would be to completely re-sprite the client, basically in the end, having my own game.

I'm sorry, making an OT for free is not a good thing, and it doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Honestly, I actually hope my upcoming server makes TONS of money. (The more money I make the better)

Is this because I'm a greedy bastard? Nope. Honestly I've never had donations on any of my servers in the past.
But I wish I had. I realize that, if I make enough money I can buy more Pixel Art, and work more often on the server.

My long-term dream would be to completely re-sprite the client, basically in the end, having my own game.
W U NO join Whi World Team!

daada302356b4d5deb844afb171138c7-d4fejk1.jpg

People like you should make a thread in job section xD

Probably several people including me, wouldn't mind making donation free server and keep it fresh, when server upkeep is paid 3 times over every month.
Im looking for someone that hasnt played alot of Ots

I would not mind to pay for a dedicated server that is fun and popular, I did not get that goal alone and didnt found someone who can

I develop OTs because it's what I became good at, and they serve me as an outlet for all my ideas, stories, imagination and provide me a way to involve other people in them. I wish I had the knowledge to develop something bigger, something less tied to another game, something on a different engine, but I'm working on that on the side, it just takes a lot of time to learn things and you can't both develop a project and learn tons of new stuff simultaneously without giving up something, either your sleep, or your social life, or your sanity. But Open-Tibia is not that bad either. Kind of sounds pathetic, but everything I am today, I am because of playing Tibia for the first time. That drove me into open-tibia, that drove me into development, that drove me into learning programming languages, pixel art and graphic design, and now I'm doing all of that and getting better with each day.

If I had the resources, I'd probably make hundreds of ots, every single one of them different from the last one, and god help me if I didn't plan to, but even 1 project is taking such a long time to finish (although we are perfecting it with every single step, which is why it takes so long) that I think making so many would be purely impossible.

I'm working on 4 projects (not necessarily OT servers) at the moment and I plan to continue with even more as these get slowly finished. Creating games has always been my dream and now the only reason I'd want to make some money from any game I develop is so that I have the financial support to continue working on it further. Not to mention that it's always nice to work with likeminded people and share ideas between each other then see them bloom into actual designs and pieces of code that do stuff for you, but it's getting harder and harder these days to find people that you get along with.

but it's getting harder and harder these days to find people that you get along with.

Not alot of consistant developers left. So there seems to be a big swing between people who have a dream for a server then quit after 3 days of that dream after seeing how much work it is and people who wont stop until something is done and even after continue to work on it.

Props to your passion for necronia.

Not alot of consistant developers left. So there seems to be a big swing between people who have a dream for a server then quit after 3 days of that dream after seeing how much work it is and people who wont stop until something is done and even after continue to work on it.

Props to your passion for necronia.

It's because almost no one in OTLand has a "Job" except mappers.

We dont' have programmers that just mindlessly follow orders, or even content creators.

We have a bunch of independent people who all want to do their own thing.

Were like Cats.

I develop OTs because it's what I became good at, and they serve me as an outlet for all my ideas, stories, imagination and provide me a way to involve other people in them. I wish I had the knowledge to develop something bigger, something less tied to another game, something on a different engine, but I'm working on that on the side, it just takes a lot of time to learn things and you can't both develop a project and learn tons of new stuff simultaneously without giving up something, either your sleep, or your social life, or your sanity. But Open-Tibia is not that bad either. Kind of sounds pathetic, but everything I am today, I am because of playing Tibia for the first time. That drove me into open-tibia, that drove me into development, that drove me into learning programming languages, pixel art and graphic design, and now I'm doing all of that and getting better with each day.

If I had the resources, I'd probably make hundreds of ots, every single one of them different from the last one, and god help me if I didn't plan to, but even 1 project is taking such a long time to finish (although we are perfecting it with every single step, which is why it takes so long) that I think making so many would be purely impossible.

I'm working on 4 projects (not necessarily OT servers) at the moment and I plan to continue with even more as these get slowly finished. Creating games has always been my dream and now the only reason I'd want to make some money from any game I develop is so that I have the financial support to continue working on it further. Not to mention that it's always nice to work with likeminded people and share ideas between each other then see them bloom into actual designs and pieces of code that do stuff for you, but it's getting harder and harder these days to find people that you get along with.

Great write-up. Hit the nail on the head there.

One of the many things I've learned over the years is that for every person who dislikes something about you or your project, there's probably 5 others willing to give you a chance. You just have to be willing to put everything you have into it. Love what you do, and do what you love... Do it with passion or not at all. People will play. How many doesn't matter. Show them you are dedicated and they'll share your accomplishments with others. Each player represents a connection to hundreds of potential players, whether it be through Facebook, Tibia, or wherever. Give them something worth sharing and more will come. ;)

I'm happy to see more of these types of threads show up around OtLand.

Last edited:
Money,
Is it legal to find anyway to get money cause my life is hard and my country doesn'/t support me with an equal job according to my studies, knowledge and skills ?
Is it legal to put all i know and (Copy) get things from here and things from there and mix them together and get new things from them cause i dont even know where and how should i learn LUA to create things From ZERO .. Only Know how these lines work and mix them together ?

Money,
Is it legal to find anyway to get money cause my life is hard and my country doesn'/t support me with an equal job according to my studies, knowledge and skills ?
Is it legal to put all i know and (Copy) get things from here and things from there and mix them together and get new things from them cause i dont even know where and how should i learn LUA to create things From ZERO .. Only Know how these lines work and mix them together ?
yes, yes, no.

Back