• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Will my criminal record affect myself in USA?

Rosestylah

Rozestylez bch
Reaction score
I'm in Bosnia and Herzegovina from May 2013, went to 3 month summer vacation. I actually live in the usa. I've been arrested for drug dealing somewhere in July/August and was released from jail today. I've lost one high school year (jail) in the usa. I've contacted federal unit and travel agency, they say that I'm able to get back home, but they are unsure about me being safe there. What consequences will I have after gettin back home? I've total of 3 criminal records (assault, drug dealing and drug dealing again (2012 and 2013)).

Is it hard for me to get a job as electrican technician in the future?

ive posted this on yahoo answers few times, nobody's sure. id like one usa citizen to answer me this question if possible please. im in a really serious situation. i dont want you to say "stupid junkie fuck"etc. help me if you want.

I'm not a north american citizen, but I strongly recommend you to call your embassy and ask them yourself OR call a lawyer who has knowledge of the US procedures in this case, that's the best you can do if you're unsure about everything else in my opinion.

Up until now, I haven't heard of people getting difficulties in the U.S due this, and it is not normal for an employer to ask for a criminal record :) unless you have to report yourself with the police every now and then with a Parole officer.

so without any expertise I can assure you will be able to find a job, however you might find difficulties when there is a need for constancy of good behavior for certain legal stuff... mostly citizenry (spelling?) issues.

So then again.. try calling a lawyer or your embassy, a work union or anyone/anything that has knowledge in the area its your best shot.

I hope I helped

Btw, good luck.. we all have the chance to change for good whenever we want to.

Last edited:
I'm not a north american citizen, but I strongly recommend you to call your embassy and ask them yourself OR call a lawyer who has knowledge of the US procedures in this case, that's the best you can do if you're unsure about everything else in my opinion.

Up until now, I haven't heard of people getting difficulties in the U.S due this, and it is not normal for an employer to ask for a criminal record :) unless you have to report yourself with the police every now and then with a Parole officer.

so without any expertise I can assure you will be able to find a job, however you might find difficulties when there is a need for constancy of good behavior for certain legal stuff... mostly citizenry (spelling?) issues.

So then again.. try calling a lawyer or your embassy, a work union or anyone/anything that has knowledge in the area its your best shot.

I hope I helped

Btw, good luck.. we all have the chance to change for good whenever we want to.

Alright thanks a lot.

If you are still an American citizen you can re enter. A non US citizen cannot enter the US with a conviction/criminal record afaik.

Regarding further consequences when you get back - it is possible. However, you have spent the conviction in Bosnia and your country will probably just get you back and give you a possible "suspended sentence".

Most nations protect there own but drug dealing is not tolerated internationally/globally and depending on the grade of the drug; you will be sentenced further or not at all.

Back