• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TalkAction Working /report talkaction. [0.3+]

i make the same script (not the same code, it just do the same thing) in 2006, it's a very old script, you don't need to write credits to anyone.

bb

i make the same script (not the same code, it just do the same thing) in 2006, it's a very old script, you don't need to write credits to anyone.

bb

:p

OKOK, Wait I know this game also, let's start:
Me: I make the same script (not the code, but the script) in 1950, it's a very old script,
you don't have to write credits to me for the script because you stole it, bb!

/\
LOL!
, idiot <_<.

bb

Dude, this type of script was done even back then in 2005 (First server I played with this implemented was 7.4). If we go down to that, then Id have to recognize the credits to the creators of the language LUA, to Cipsoft, to my parents for creating me and to everyone else who ever had anything to do with anything that ended on me doing this script.

I just give credits to the people who I feel helped me directly (and sometimes unconsciously) to make this script, because I wouldnt have made it work as I wanted without their help. Just read the first line of the thread:

First of all, credits to Shawak for the base script, to Colandus for his broadcast script (which I mixed and used as a reference for most stuff on this one) and myself for the minor modifications.

I thanked Shawak for the base script, because he made a similar simple script for me some time ago and I took it as a base to make this new one. Without that base I would still be stuck at zero. Then to Colandus because I directly used parts of his broadcast script in this one, without them the script wouldnt have exhaust. And finally myself for the minor modifications on the script. Notice I dont even mention credits to the "idea", because its impossible to know who really had it first.

But you are right, I dont need to give credits to anyone. Just like I dont need to say thanks to anyone who helps me on anything in real life. I dont need to, but for me, it is a matter of education and respect. It is just a way to appreciate and show respect for those who in my opinion deserve it for helping me on anything; in this case, making this script.

Cheerz.

Last edited:
I tested here in 0.4, but i got to put

(...)
local getVoc = getPlayerVocationName(cid)
local position = getCreaturePosition(cid)

function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)

if getPlayerLevel(cid) < level then
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,20,"Report Manager:")
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,18,"You need to be at least level "..level.." to send a report.")
(...)

Like that

(...)

local getVoc = getPlayerVocationName(cid)
local position = getCreaturePosition(cid)

if getPlayerLevel(cid) < level then
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,20,"Report Manager:")
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,18,"You need to be at least level "..level.." to send a report.")
(...)

I make one script like this long time ago, i made it just for fun:
Lua:
local storage = 15245 --exhaust storage
local ex = 120 --exhaust time (seconds)
local log = 'data/logs/reports.xml' --file where reports will be saved 
local head = '<report player="%s" date=%q description=%q>' --template for xml file
local minChars = 5

if(param == '' or param == nil) then
		return doPlayerSendCancel(cid, 'Command requires param.')
	end

if string.len(param) < minChars then
		return doPlayerSendCancel(cid, 'Text is too short, should be longer than ' .. minChars .. ' characters.')
	end
	if not exhaustion.get(cid, storage) then
		local f = io.open(log, 'a+')
		if f ~= nil then
			f:write(string.format(head, getPlayerName(cid), os.date(), param) .. '\n')
			f:close()
		end
		exhaustion.set(cid, storage, ex)
		return doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, 'Thanks for the report.')
	else
		return doPlayerSendCancel(cid, 'You need to wait ' .. (exhaustion.get(cid, storage) or 0) .. ' seconds to write another report.')
	end
	return true
end

I save reports to a .xml file because is easier when you read it on a script

Back