• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World News: Huge solar storm

Migxxx

◥▶◀◤
Senator
Reaction score
SUP GUYS! i know you liked my thread title... before we start i just want to say that the purpose of this thread is not to make controversy or anything stupid SO PLEASE KEEP THE "END OF THE WORLD, 2012" posts out of this thread ALSO this storm is predicted to reach the earth sometime in 2013... ANYWAY less talk more action!

As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather - NASA Science
Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation - Telegraph
Slashdot Science Story | NASA Warns of Potential "Huge Space Storm" In 2013

BTW i know this article is a bit old, few days old actually but still i just wanted to post it here since i saw a lot of activity in the 'atheism' thread which is actually enlaced with this subject soooo i just want to know your opinion... How do you think you will react if for some reason we'll have no energy for around 1~ year, or if all our electronic stuff got jammed due to this solar storm... just be creative!

Edit:

One last thing...
Don't involve religion in this THREAD.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
ahem. ANYWAYS. I guess I'll put off buying a new computer till 2014. No need of it getting fucked up by a big ass magnetic storm...

ahem. ANYWAYS. I guess I'll put off buying a new computer till 2014. No need of it getting fucked up by a big ass magnetic storm...

Lol, dude, even if some big ass magnetic storm happens, it would wipe us out anyways. It causes gravity being fucked up and we'd be flying in the air, it also causes waves to go many miles high and earthquakes to split the Earth into many pieces. Maybe my exaggeration was strong, but you get the point; very severe natural disasters. Unfortunately, if anything, USA and Canada will be the first to go. The Yellowstone SuperVolcano is extremely fragile, even one big earthquake in California could blow it up. And then once it blows up, the sky will be covered with ashes and it will be Ice Age II then everyone would die off.

Lol, dude, even if some big ass magnetic storm happens, it would wipe us out anyways. It causes gravity being fucked up and we'd be flying in the air, it also causes waves to go many miles high and earthquakes to split the Earth into many pieces. Maybe my exaggeration was strong, but you get the point; very severe natural disasters. Unfortunately, if anything, USA and Canada will be the first to go. The Yellowstone SuperVolcano is extremely fragile, even one big earthquake in California could blow it up. And then once it blows up, the sky will be covered with ashes and it will be Ice Age II then everyone would die off.

And when's the last time you've seen something like that?

The chances that anything even close to that happens are extremely unlikely.

And this is why we have a magnetosphere around the earth.
Aint nature awesome?:D

I decided to stop caring about these kind of news articles a looong time ago:)

And this is why we have a magnetosphere around the earth.
Aint nature awesome?:D

I decided to stop caring about these kind of news articles a looong time ago:)

HIHO, I want to give ya a picture!!

Normal day, no solar storm...:
radiation.jpg

now imagine this with a huge solar storm & billions of tonnes of super hot gas containing charged particles (quoted from a site, post the link and i give ya rep++!)... even tho this pictures shows nothing but just how many solar radiation the earth takes but you can think a bit about it and find your own conclusions, oh and the damage the storm could make it's not exactly related with the picture but still i just wanted to post it... also first things that would get fucked up are the nearest satellites to the earth (in this case TV satellites) and a lot of moaaar technologies.

Oh the last 'huge solar storm' like this one was 150~ years ago, back then we didn't had much technologies that could get affected by such storm (if we had any lols!)...

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

On September 1–2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred, causing the failure of telegraph systems all over Europe and North America. Aurorae were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright, the glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.

Last edited:
@up
I read too fast since I was checking fastly at work;) So I read: "solar stom"

So I thought to myself: Mm Solar Winds who gives a damn.

Sorry I misunderstood;)

Back