• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

"You cannot use this object."

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been writing and rewriting several scripts recently, and this problem keeps coming up.

This happens in several different scripts, but as an example:

I rewrote the fishing system. It works flawlessly. (You click on the rod, and then the water, it makes the animation. And you catch a fish). Working as intended.

The problem is that when you use the fishing rod on the water, even though it works, it still says "You cannot use the object." at the bottom of the screen.

Has anyone else ran across this problem?

I could post the script, but I'm not sure it would do any good. I wrote it from scratch and it doesn't contain anything to pass those words to the screen. And this is happening on every system I write that involves clicking on an object, and using it on another object.

And just to clarify: The fishing rod is set to "multi use" in object builder and item editor

I'm using OTclient.

Thanks

Check if it's returning false after catching fish or any succeed action. Then change it to return true.
Posting script is a must if you wanna get help.

Back