• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Text Effect Photoshop animation! (CS3)

This...

• Total voters

Archez

'
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello! :)

If you don't know how to make text animations with Photoshop, you are more than welcome in this thread, and if you already know you can stay too. :p

This is Photoshop CS3, works with CS4 aswell, but if you want to do it with CS2, you will have more troubles...

Let's begin opening a new Ps file (File -> New) or (Ctrl + N).

new.png

Now, click accept, 100px x 100px it's the normal member avatar's size. It's always good to manage more than one layer, because you just make a mess with 1.

The first layer is already created so we just need to fill the complete transparent background with the color black, like this:

black.png

After that, use the horizontal type tool, or simply click (T) and write whatever you want...

text.png

Easy right? let's go to the animation part... you will need to duplicate your text layer as how I am doing it in this screenshot:

duplicate.png

After duplicating your text layer, you must raterize that layer. (How can I raterize my text layer? there's many ways to raterize your layers but a simple one is by clicking the brush tool and clicking 1 time over your text layer and it will pop up a window warning you about the text layer that is going to be raterized, and you just click 'OK')

Once it's raterized it will look like this:

layer.png

Now, selecting the current duplicated and raterized text layer, go to (Filter -> Blur -> Motion Blur [distance: 30px]) and click 'OK'...

filter.png
motion_blur.png

Outcome:

motion.png

Now go to (Window -> Animation), after opening the animation window click here to convert your work to frame animation:

frame.png

Now that you got your animation window open and changed to frame animation, you will see your black avatar there, in the animation window, for each frame you must duplicate the layer and hide the layers that wont appear in that frame. (The time it's below the frames)

duplicate_animation.png
hide.png

Check how I duplicated my layers and hided the raterized layers in some of them:

animation-window.png

Now, to finish your animation go to (File -> Save for Web & Devices) or simply click (Alt + Shift + Ctrl + S) and click 'Save'.

Outcome:

archez-1.gif

Congratulations, you just finished your animation! :D

If you think I cheated, look at my PSD ;).

Download: http://uploadhyper.com/file/6266/cool.psd.html

Have fun! :D
//Archez

Oo nice tutorial. Thanks : >

But.. how about making animations in ImageReady?

ImageReady was developed with the main purpose to make animations, but Adobe decided to take out ImageReady, it was replaced for Illustrator (which I don't use) and Photoshop CS3 came out with the animation feature in it.

CS4 got the same animation feature since it's a higher version, but I prefer CS3. :)

Short: ImageReady is old and slow.

didnt understand the animation part, and whats "raterized"? i want to make one ;P but could understand the animation part...frames etc...how to do it!

ImageReady was developed with the main purpose to make animations, but Adobe decided to take out ImageReady, it was replaced for Illustrator (which I don't use) and Photoshop CS3 came out with the animation feature in it.

CS4 got the same animation feature since it's a higher version, but I prefer CS3. :)

Short: ImageReady is old and slow.

CS4 has an advanced animation feature included aswell as the standard animator.

Back