• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otland Community Feedback #1

Don Daniello

/root
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

This is a first poll in a series of feedback gathering for the future changes here at Otland.

Please respond by checking all answers that apply.

Additonal comments in this threads are welcome under following conditions:
- you can only post once in this thread
- you can only answer the poll question
- you cannot respond to any of the posts in this thread

A wiki will improve documentation for TFS, but I would also include other documentation (scripting, mapping, how-to's, etc, etc). It will improve the quality of information and make it comfortable for searching things for new people in OpenTibia even better. The articles are written by the support team or people who contribute good wiki articles which are checked by the support team on information correctness and moderators overlook the wiki for any Otland rule violations. The wiki should be announced globally and redirected in stickies. The current articles that are made (linked in the top menu as Articles) here: Articles should be moved to the wiki and the link 'Articles' should be replaced with a link to the Wiki.

Maybe another idea is to reward a selective group of people who contribute helpful articles frequently.

Last edited:
Adding the support team might have been a great idea as I've witnessed threads going to second page without being replied to back then.

But now, every single thread is being supported by the support team and that's a successful thing for Talaturen to add in Otland.

Is great and doing a great job/is want I would like to join/should improve TFS documentatin\helped me already.
That's my opinion about this thread.

A higher set of qualifications should be established, as well as the elimination of invitation based on recommendation by other members of this community, unless thoroughly vetted. One should not be hired because someone made a good comment about them, they should be chosen by the person (or persons) who provides oversight for this team. They should be chosen because they have shown a great amount dedication toward supporting those in need of help, as well as proven themselves to be well acknowledged in different aspects of OpenTibia. Targeting select individuals with great knowledge in specific areas will greatly benefit all of those involved in this community. This team should be comprised of the brightest and most knowledgeable among us here on OtLand, not people who understand "enough" to get by and support those in need of help.

I also see a need for monthly or quarterly assessments of the team. The purpose of this is to develop and evaluate their work performance, it will help indicate a satisfactory validity and utility of support this team provides, as well as further research into the expansion of the team and what this community needs (e.g. weaknesses of the team can be determined and tackled). I see this team as more than a group of people who are willing to help, but as the next step toward the rebirth of OpenTibia. If we can collaborate and provide newcomers with a comfortable and supporting environment, OpenTibia will grow.

Last edited:
Wasn't helpful for me at all; if you aren't fkin donator you can't count on any help with premium stuff from otland(you can't even ask for it). I'm usually googling my problems, otland support here was never helpful for me.

Wasn't helpful for me at all; if you aren't fkin donator you can't count on any help with premium stuff from otland(you can't even ask for it). I'm usually googling my problems, otland support here was never helpful for me.
If you aren't a donator, then you shouldnt even have any premium stuff

afaik having files from private repo is legal, only sharing them will result a perm ban here, correct me if I'm wrong

I have to agree with you on that, afaik the only distro you CANNOT get help for in the regular support board is TFS 0.4

you can have them while you are a premium user, when it ends you lose the "rights" to use them(correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not sure on this, but this is what I think is right)
either way, we don't know if you had a premium before or not to be able to legally get the files from the private repository, so we filter everything out from the normal areas and keep all support related to the private repository in the Premium Section, and since you don't have donator status, you can't access it, hence the no support for private repository

I think that moderators should become more active on the IRC. There you will see who is cancer and get to know the members of OtLand a little better.
If you do join us on IRC, please don't use webchat :)

Pleb guide
http://otland.net/f21/introduction-irc-otland-136291/

I will be the only one here by the looks of it who will not post in this thread more than once.

-- Update --
Unbelievable Scarlet. Overtime you will like it! We must begin spreading the word as we once did and revive #DEADland

-- Update 2 --
> Over my pay grade
Perhaps its time to demand an immediate raise!

Last edited:
It's impossible to get private repo files by any other way than buying a donator(directly from otland). From what I found in rules and information thread about otland premium there's nothing about using these files when you have them(at least no in free users area), only leaking them without permission from admins/mods leads to banishement.

...and yes, as you said there's no support for priv repo in public boards, that's why current otland support can't help me.

We punish leakers here, but if they leaked it where we have no control, we simply can't do anything about it and they'll stay there

if you for example get premium and leak the latest version there, you'll be banned here, but if you upload it on your own blog or in another forum that doesn't care, then we simply cant do anything about it

- - - Updated - - -

@Slurp
I don't like IRC :(

That's something that has to be discussed with Talaturen, its over my pay grade xD

if you upload it on your own blog or in another forum that doesn't care, then we simply cant do anything about it

Moreover, you're legally crippled from doing so by the GPL under which the software is licensed.

I don't think leaks are as much of a problem, at least anymore I haven't seen much of it, as ex-Premium members seeking support with older versions which they obtained fair and square. This particular group of users is in a rather damning position, as they can't even talk to other members in the same situation, who possibly are armed with the knowledge that could help them, because the rules forbid them such assistance. And by talk, I mean in normal threads. Sure there is PM, but being barred from talking about it in normal threads there is no method of discovery of WHO to PM.

Back